Thread: Daily Devitional 3/28

Default Daily Devitional 3/28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Father, help me to see how to use the gifts and talents You have given me to point others to You."

I don't believe that everyone needs to quit their jobs to become evangelists but I do beleive that many of us have our own personal testimony about our relationship with God and it's up to each one of us to share it with others when possible.
    As a 16 year old runaway many years ago, God came to me in my time of deepest despair and showed me He was real and listening.
    I had run away from home 3 months earlier and ended up in Myrtle Beach where a good, Christian woman, Ms. Harwick provided me a room in her hotel one block off the beach under the condition that she could call my parents to let them know where I was. I found a job the next day at a local restaurant busing tables and spent the next 3 months being as reckless as a parent would ever fear for their child, roaming the side streets of Ocean Blvd. into the wee hours of the morning.
    One night, I was laying in bed, strung out, tired and thinking the darkest thoughts for myself, I cried out to God asking for a sign. It was probably more of a challenge to see if He was real than an actual prayer for help. I challenged Him that I would wake in the morning and walk to the beach, if He would calm the ocean waves I would go home. Now this wasn't just a random challenge because the ocean had been extraordinarily rough for the last week or so.
    I got up at sunrise the next morning and took the short walk down to the beach and it wasn't just calm but flat, super flat and smooth as glass, not the slightest ripple at the water's edge. The rising sun cast a perfect mirror image on the ocean's surface. It was the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen and it was then that I knew, He was not only real but that He loved me and was in charge of everything.
    I walked back to the hotel to gather my few belongings and gave that kind, old woman a hug and thanked her for all that she did for me. I went to the bus station, bought a ticket and headed home.

AMEN