Thread: Proud of this young Chesapeake.

Default Proud of this young Chesapeake.

Not only did we have a pretty awesome duck season in 19/20 but Cash recently swept four straight HRC finished passes over the last month to earn his HRCH title. Being self trained and owner / handler, I never thought something of this nature would transpire, especially after the grinder we had in 2019 in his SHR title.

In the last several months however, his light switched on, as did mine. I learned to calm down, how to execute true and proper handling each and every single time, how to truly execute land and water blinds handling wise and to truly interpret and redirect his visual cues when needed. Things such as always checking his tail to nose alignment and picking up on his visual cues by reading even his eyebrows before sending came into play.

If you haven't taken the time to understand these seemingly small items in your training, definitely do so. It was pretty daggum awesome to learn these things then to see and experience the success that resulted from utilizing them along the way.

I am very thankful to have gotten his passes so quickly as the unfortunately the other four hunt tests we had pre entered have all since cancelled.

Our fourth and last test of the series was a water blind that was quite the hammer knocking out 15 in a flight of 28 dogs. Those Ga judges don't play around with these hunt test set ups.

At any rate, I am told that's not to shabby for a 26 month old Chesapeake. God certainly played his roll in not only in my patience curve but also in putting many new and valued friends in our path along the way.

Equally as awesome, I just got all his OFA certs back as excellent in hips, normal elbows and normal eyes.

Thanks to those on here who offered advice along the way !

I reckon we will be pushing towards AKC MH and maybe run an SRS when everyone gets back up and running.

Last edited by Strick9; 03-27-2020 at 08:52 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Congratulations and that's a beautiful pup you have!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Good looking dog
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Great job!!!
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

You should be proud! That’s a lot of work, especially for those who aren’t in it for a career. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Congrats buddy!

Congrats.

You just think those GA judges set up a good blind.......

Good thing they cancelled the hunt test or you’d got to see it. I was judging several.....

Congrats!!!

Kudos to you and the hound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    You just think those GA judges set up a good blind.......

Good thing they cancelled the hunt test or you’d got to see it. I was judging several.....

Congrats!!!
    I know this is true!

Everybody I met said the same thing about being judged by ya mean ass !
    Genesis 9;2

I remember when you were running his seasoned passes. Congratulations