Thread: Broke in the Yak

Default Broke in the Yak

I know we got a lot of kayak haters but I’ll be honest it was pretty fun. It was nice not having to lug a boat around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's killer!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Right on man!!! Congratulations!! They make motor kits and pedal kits for that NuCanoe if you find yourself getting tired of paddling. Also if you ever get interested in a little tourney fun there are several clubs in SC both for freshwater and saltwater events. Those local clubs aren't so much about the competition but are more about the fun and comraderie of being on the water in little plastic boats.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Right on man!!! Congratulations!! They make motor kits and pedal kits for that NuCanoe if you find yourself getting tired of paddling. Also if you ever get interested in a little tourney fun there are several clubs in SC both for freshwater and saltwater events. Those local clubs aren't so much about the competition but are more about the fun and comraderie of being on the water in little plastic boats.

I’ve got the electric and gas lol. My paddling days are over. I definitely would be interested in some tournament fishing.

That young man getting hair on them legs. Wow they grow up quick
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Of all the things to comment about...

a regular ole Herbert the Pervert
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 03-27-2020 at 09:58 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

None of the kayak clubs or tourneys that I know of allow gas motors. Quite a few allow electric motors though. You just missed out on the KBF event on Santee Cooper. It was last month and paid out around $4500 for 1st if I remember correctly. The local clubs are Queen City Kayak Anglers, Low Country Kayak Anglers, Chucktown Kayak Bassin, and there's one more in the upstate around Greenville that I can't remember the name of right now. They all have Facebook pages and do pretty much all of their business on there.

For a little higher level of competition you can check out Kayak Bass Fishing (KBF), BASS now has a kayak division, River Bassin, and then there's the Hobie Bass Open Series. Those events generally draw around 100 anglers or so per event, have higher entry fees, and bigger payouts. Only KBF allows electric motors out of those events though.

Let me know if you need anymore info. Once I'm back from this patrol (very soon) I'll be around until July if you want to fish as well. Not sure how much the CORVID-19 is going to limit that one though.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Looks like you've got them dialed in! Is that on Murray?

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Looks like you've got them dialed in! Is that on Murray?
    Yup

Congrats! That looks like fun. You got any pictures of the entire kayak and setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Congrats! That looks like fun. You got any pictures of the entire kayak and setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Of all the things to comment about...

a regular ole Herbert the Pervert
    I just laughed out loud

Wasn’t anyone out there and it was amazing and the fish were chewing.