Thread: One silver lining

Default One silver lining

Deadline to get a REAL ID pushed back at least a year due to coronavirus
    WYFF 4Updated: 1:05 PM EDT Mar 26, 2020
    National Desk Staff

The deadline to obtain a REAL ID, federally mandated identification that will be needed for passengers to board aircraft, will be extended until Oct. 1, 2021 — a year past the current deadline, according acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf.

Before the coronavirus outbreak swept across the U.S., states were preparing to issue residents "REAL ID-compliant" driver's licenses or identification by the Oct. 1, 2020 deadline.

"States across the country are temporarily closing or restricting access to DMVs," Wolf's statement read. "This action will preclude millions of people from applying for and receiving their REAL ID. Extending the deadline will also allow the department to work with Congress to implement needed changes to expedite the issuance of REAL IDs once the current health crisis concludes."

As of last month, only about 35% of U.S. IDs complied with the REAL ID Act, a post-9/11 law that establishes security standards for licenses. Once in effect, travelers flying commercially in the U.S. will need to have a REAL ID, which is marked by a star on the top of the card.

Even before the outbreak, it was unlikely that all states would meet the deadline. Last month, Wolf told lawmakers that the prospect of all states being able to issue their constituents a REAL ID by October 2020 was "probably fairly small."

Another silver lining is Charleston is enjoyable to live and drive in again.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

No kidding, the drive to work normally takes 45 min, been around 15 this week.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    No doubt. Unfortunately it will not last.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    It’s how I feel every time a hurricane comes and they evacuate.

Thanks Lake Murray is dead. Good.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"