Thread: Looks Like Columbia Is Getting A Shelter in Place Order

Default Looks Like Columbia Is Getting A Shelter in Place Order

City Council just approved it and staring Sunday.

I can still work.

Here’s a wall of text.

ORDINANCE NO: 2020-034 EXHIBIT “A” ESSENTIAL SERVICES

1. Essential health care operations including, research and laboratory services, hospitals, walk-in-care health facilities, veterinary and livestock services, elder care, medical wholesale and distribution, home health care workers or aides, doctor and emergency dental, nursing homes, or residential health care facilities or congregate care facilities, medical supplies and equipment manufacturers and providers.
    2. Essential infrastructure operations including utilities including power generation, fuel supply and transmission, public water and wastewater, telecommunications and data centers, airports/airlines, transportation infrastructure such as bus, rail, or for-hire vehicles, garages, vehicle sales and services, hotels, and places of accommodation, the South Carolina Port Authority.
    3. Essential manufacturing operations including food processing, manufacturing agents, including all foods and beverages, chemicals, medical equipment/instruments, pharmaceuticals, sanitary products, telecommunications, microelectronics/semi- conductor, agriculture/farms, household paper products, vehicle and aircraft manufacturing.
    4. Essential retail operations including grocery stores and all food and beverage stores, pet stores that sell food and or medications, big box stores or wholesale clubs that have in house grocery or pharmacy services, pharmacies, convenience stores, direct farm to consumer sales, gas stations, restaurants/bars (but only for take-out or/delivery), hardware and building material store and online retailers that deliver products and services to individual's homes or businesses.
    5. Other essential service operations including garbage, trash and recycling collection, processing and disposal, mail and shipping services, laundromats and dry cleaning, building cleaning and maintenance, child care services, warehouse/distribution and fulfillment, funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries, storage for essential businesses, animal shelters, educational institutions, for purposes of facilitating distance learning, performing critical research, or performing essential functions.
    6. News media.
    7. Financial Institutions and Professional Services operations including banks, credit unions and check cashing services, insurance, payroll, accounting, services related to financial markets and legal services.
    8. Providers of basic necessities to economically disadvantaged populations including, homeless shelters and congregate care facilities, food banks, human services providers whose function includes the direct care of patients in state-licensed or funded voluntary programs, the care, protection, custody and oversight of individuals both in the community and in state-licensed residential facilities; those operating community shelters and other critical human services agencies providing direct care or support.
    9. Commercial and residential construction including, skilled trades such as electricians, plumbers, landscape services, pool maintenance, nurseries, other related construction firms and professionals for essential infrastructure or for emergency repair and safety purposes, other construction where the contractor can ensure social distancing.
    10. Defense operations including defense and national security-related operations supporting the U.S. Government or a contractor to the US government.
    11. Essential services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operations of residences or other essential businesses including, law enforcement, fire prevention and response, building code enforcement, security, emergency management and response, building cleaners or janitors, general maintenance whether employed by the entity directly or a vendor, automotive repair, disinfection mail, post, shipping, logistics, delivery and pick-up services.
    12. Residential and commercial real estate brokers and real estate management.

Number 6

Shut all those bastards down
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

So uh what industry did they not name? Cause I feel like they pretty much covered them all except education.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

#4? So if a box store sells grocery they are good? But Best Buy has to shut down?

Does number 11 cover gun stores?

Number 12...Real estate? Really?

I'm good biatches. I'm covered by #1, 2 and 10 for work (military contractor for medical treatment facility network cyber security) but more importantly, number 3 covers goofing off at my hobby farm. Which one covers turkey hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    So uh what industry did they not name? Cause I feel like they pretty much covered them all except education.
    My thoughts exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Building inspectors and interior decorators.

Strip joints and beer pubs.

If you want to get your news early, just watch what Charlotte does. These mindless dolts simply echo what they say a day later even thought it hit here first.

Just take your dog with you everywhere, like you goobers don't already, and tell 'em you're headed to the vet.

We made #1.

5. Other essential service operations including garbage, trash and recycling collection, processing and disposal, mail and shipping services, laundromats and dry cleaning, building cleaning and maintenance, child care services, warehouse/distribution and fulfillment, funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries, storage for essential businesses, animal shelters, educational institutions, for purposes of facilitating distance learning, performing critical research, or performing essential functions.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

More fuel = more boost!!

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

CAE is close to the armpit if the world. Except for 2th of course. BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAA. He and Krt . Didn't want to leave the two Kevin's out.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I’m too lazy to read all that. Is turkey hunting an essential service? Asking for a friend.

Why not just name what is gonna be closed.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot