Thread: What is this 2nd Amendment Sanctuary group about

Default What is this 2nd Amendment Sanctuary group about

Keep seeing this on FB and in Anderson paper regarding this group wanting Anderson Cnty to be a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary

Now I completely understand the 2nd Amendment and even asked a guy what the “mission statement” was and did not get a clear cut answer

I did talk with couple Cnty Council members and they told me while they are diehard 2A folks it takes a lot more than just taking a vote (lot of discussion w legal council before anything like this is passed and that I understand ) and that is why this group is so outraged right now.

May have asked this on here but not sure, just keep seeing this pop up left and right , my thoughts are you can add all the policy changes you want but Fed law trumps it all at end of the day

I realize folks are upset over what is going on in VA, and rightly so, but not sure this would even carry any weight

I am sure someone here can explain it a lot better than the ones I have talked with

"Fed law trumps it all"

That's not how I understand the founders intended it when drafting the Constitution. I still believe this today despite the runaway encroachment of the feds in our state(s) and individual lives.

If Fed law trumps all, how do we have Sanctuary cities?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    If Fed law trumps all, how do we have Sanctuary cities?

That is why I am asking, not sure what the actual purpose is

It's a way of saying "we won't comply" with laws believed to be unconstitutional. Governor Black Face of Virginia tried to pass some draconian firearm laws and got it broke off in his ass. 91 of 95 counties declared themselves 2A sanctuaries in defiance of his intentions. And then the folks behind that movement behaved lawfully and respectfully during a rally in Richmond. It was a gun grabbers nightmare. I loved it.

I live and work the NOVA area 85% of the year. Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties are as liberal as they come, but go over to one and two counties, Faquier and Culpeper (where the 2A movement started) and they are conservative as they come. The funny thing is the liberals are rolling over to the conservative counties to buy weapons and ammo like never before. Last weekend, I talked 8 potential buyers into going to get training prior to purchase since they had never fired a weapon before.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    That is why I am asking, not sure what the actual purpose is
    I’m not a legal beagle so it’s just an opinion. That is, separate from whether or not Fed law trumps State laws, I believe the point of this 2A Sanctuary County movement is to draw a line in the sand against other locations in the State that have been taken over by the Left/anti-2A numb-nuts and have or are expected to try to institute more gun control legislation in their areas. This would also include anything like the Red Flag laws that are being pushed for illegally by jackals in both parties, including Graham.

No, we shouldn’t have to do this, but just like in VA, I think we should pass it in Anderson County and everywhere else we can. Remember that despite our ‘Republican’ Legislature, they often act more like Democrats, IMO, and we shouldn’t just trust that we can count on them to do the right things.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro92 View Post
    The funny thing is the liberals are rolling over to the conservative counties to buy weapons and ammo like never before. Last weekend, I talked 8 potential buyers into going to get training prior to purchase since they had never fired a weapon before.
    I’m not ready to congratulate those Libs as we don’t really know if they’ve finally seen the light on the true agenda(s) of the Left... or if it’s just because they’ve realized they are massively out-gunned and it finally scares them to know we gun owners aren’t going to allow them to do what they want.

Personally, I don’t think I’d encourage a Democrat to own a firearm.
    ~ George Washington

The Anderson 2nd amendment sanctuary page on fb is another way for Walt Lanier to make people think he’s more important than he really is. Walt is the self proclaimed “mayor of homeland park” and a 24 karat dipshit to boot. Hope this helps.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlmouth30 View Post
    The Anderson 2nd amendment sanctuary page on fb is another way for Walt Lanier to make people think he’s more important than he really is. Walt is the self proclaimed “mayor of homeland park” and a 24 karat dipshit to boot. Hope this helps.
    Lol... that may well be, but let’s not let personalities get in our way of blocking the agenda of the Lefties.
    ~ George Washington