Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hold my beer....

Default Hold my beer....

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships” GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week. Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers. Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.” Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community. NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.” Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”. Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients. We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.
    What communist China didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."
    I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."
    Give us a few more weeks (maybe months) and we will be doing much better! And stop listening to the hysterical media!!
    Sharing this from another FB friend. We have wonderful country and an amazing God.
    God’s got us!🇺🇸🙏🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻🇺🇸
    #unitedwestand
    Copy and pasted. Author unknown.

Don't forget that unsubstantiated quote by Japanese Admiral Yamamoto - " to invade America would be a disaster, there would be an American with a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Our enemies should remember that.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Great post kquinn
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Don't forget that unsubstantiated quote by Japanese Admiral Yamamoto - " to invade America would be a disaster, there would be an American with a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Our enemies should remember that.
    Damn right. At the same time be very thankful for the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima and the bomb we dropped on Nagasaki because an invasion of mainland Japan would’ve made Normandy look like Kent State.

So True!!!!!!

Well said Kevin.

I hope that love of America and working together continues long after this mess is gone. I also hope it brings more to the Lord
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I hope that love of America and working together continues long after this mess is gone. I also hope it brings more to the Lord
    I do believe (or at least hope) that it will change a lot of people’s way of life and thinking.

My wife hopes it's an updated reset to the family unit from the 50's- stay at home Mom taking care of it all and home schooling the kids while Dad works. Beaver & Opie round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    My wife hopes it's an updated reset to the family unit from the 50's- stay at home Mom taking care of it all and home schooling the kids while Dad works. Beaver & Opie round 2
    Yeah I got that now. Ain't all it cracks up to be. My buddy told me he is trying to earn enough money so his wife could stay at home, I wanted to kick him in the nuts
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I just had this conversation today. Our lives are now ruled by media and work. There is no such thing as a 9-5 for many of us. I see more folks out mingling in the neighborhood in the last few days, I have met neighbors I didn’t know I had. I may just be an outlier, but I like it.

In my opinion we needed a reset. This may be a “Hard Reset” but it may bring a little more unity to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Yeah I got that now. Ain't all it cracks up to be. My buddy told me he is trying to earn enough money so his wife could stay at home, I wanted to kick him in the nuts
    My parents did it for me, and I did it for my kids- best thing that could happen for the kids by far. Doing it for my grandkids now as much as possible. Put your family life first, not your bank account. Many of our best memories were family time when we were poor- but together.
    My grandparents weren't rich by their bank account, neither were our parents, but they were all wealthy with family love. Don't let a stranger raise your kids.

This was not meant for Visor- but for all.
    I have been on all sides - raised poor, worked middle class with a stay at home wife, own and run a MM business. Beaver and Opie wins- keep it simple, save for the future, enjoy being off work when you punch out.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 03-25-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Amen.

My parents did it for me, and I did it for my kids- best thing that could happen for the kids by far. Doing it for my grandkids now as much as possible. Put your family life first, not your bank account. Many of our best memories were family time when we were poor- but together.
    My grandparents weren't rich by their bank account, neither were our parents, but they were all wealthy with family love. Don't let a stranger raise your kids.

This was not meant for Visor- but for all.
    I have been on all sides - raised poor, worked middle class with a stay at home wife, own and run a MM business. Beaver and Opie wins- keep it simple, save for the future, enjoy being off work when you punch out.
    Good words of advice for you young folks

Never thought of it much that way BH. I complain(to myself mostly) however it is nice knowin where my boys are
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Beaver and Opie were homeschooled?

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    Beaver and Opie were homeschooled?
    Yes- to a point, when I started first grade every kid in the class could read, write and do very basic math- today they can't tie their shoes and don't know their home address, but can play a video game.
    The home schooling was the updated part of the reset.
    If home schooled- their heads won't get polluted with the revisionist history and liberal agenda.

I can say that I'm fortunate enough to have my wife stay at home and raise our kids. She quit her job as an Orthodontic assistant 14yrs ago when my son was born and hasn't looked back. It's been nice knowing that there is always someone there to handle any issues while I am at work.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

Yes- to a point, when I started first grade every kid in the class could read, write and do very basic math- today they can't tie their shoes and don't know their home address, but can play a video game.
    The home schooling was the updated part of the reset.
    If home schooled- their heads won't get polluted with the revisionist history and liberal agenda.
    You dang right on the revisionist crap. I was appalled at some of the take home work the girls at the office showed me they were helping their kids with.

No wonder these kids turn out this way.

My oldest is in the IB program. It is what I would consider a normal education pre 2001. Somewhere along there the libtards got a hold of the regular schools and turned them into the hell hole they are today. and common core math. I'm not getting started on that
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

My wife staying home has been the best decision we’ve ever made. Other than doing cyber church not a dang thing about our life has changed through all this. That makes me feel like we’re doing a little something right.