Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan Video

Turkey hunters are a weird bunch
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Turkey hunters are a weird bunch
    I very often carry a decoy.

I’d be curious the ratio of people knocking decoys... shoot TSS, 12 gauges, 3 1/2’s etc....
    Last edited by KRT; 03-25-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I very often carry a decoy.

I’d be curious the ratio of people knocking decoys shoot TSS, 12 gauges, 3 1/2’s etc....
    And man-made turkey calls. If you don't use your God given voice to call one in, you're cheating bo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    You don't need a decoy if you bust his ass on the limb...
    See? This man knows wassup.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Because I'm bored . . . for those who are opposed to gobbler decoys, do you make exceptions for youth hunters? I don't "reap," but I have used a gobbler decoy in the past. It's not a magic elixir and, frankly, it has ruined more hunts than it has helped. I have had several birds coming in a string and then bolt the other direction upon seeing the gobbler decoy. I rarely use any decoys at all, as I primarily run and gun in the woods, but I'm trying to get a bird for my 9 year old for the second season in a row, and I will not hesitate to use whatever "prop" will get a gobbler within range of his .410. That includes a blind and gobbler decoy if necessary.
    Speaking of getting in range for a .410, when my boy was 6 I started him with a .410 and lead 6s. Wouldn't pattern past 20 yards. First season I called in 7 for him that wouldn't get closer than 25 yards. Gave me a twitch and internally cussed every word I knew. Second season I put a blind up with a jake and hen deke at 12 yards. First morning he whacked a nice longboard at 12 yards. That eve we located another tom, same deke set up but him sitting alone on a tree 15' from me. Tom marched in toward jake deke and he nailed him at 15 yards. So all that effort paid off in one day.

If you got kids or old men that you are trying to get a turkey for it sure as heck helps to have dekes of whatever kind set where you want the turkey to show up so the gun is pointed in the right direction. I've killed one single tom using a jake deke but more than a few with a hen deke. The truth is, fooling one is the real thrill. Good luck and hope the boy connects.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

The people who know I turkey hunt that have never been always ask the same question. What's the hardest part of turkey hunting?
    My answer is always the same. Killing turkeys is easy, having turkeys to kill is the hard part. The way the areas around where I hunt are growing, the sport of turkey hunting will be gone in a decade.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Using strutter decoys is similar to going on a guided hunt. Yeah, you are doing some of the walking and you get up early, but you are not the reason why turkey gets within 50 yds. I like to know that the reason why turkey got within 50 yds was solely because of my work or actions.

If you name a turkey you can count on not killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    If you name a turkey you can count on not killing it.
    Have you never heard the legend of dildo?

This thread is hilarious.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Well said.

I appreciate the bottomland/green leaf crowd only crowd. They’re what allowed me to get a brand new turkey vest off Nomad for half price, all because it was in Realtree Extra.
    Thanks for the business! Here is a 50% off code on your next Huk or NOMAD purchase:

JHVIP50

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Hot dang, thanks Hart!

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    Thanks for the business! Here is a 50% off code on your next Huk or NOMAD purchase:

JHVIP50

thanks Brother.

Hey, Filson is giving $100 off your next order if you spend $500 now, lol...

Thanks Hart. That stuff you sent has held up incredibly well...

Sure thing! Happy to help! The JHVIP50 code works on both Huk and NOMAD. Cornavirus craziness support.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Sure thing! Happy to help! The JHVIP50 code works on both Huk and NOMAD. Cornavirus craziness support.
    Thank you sir. Just made my first order for Nomad camo. I have low standards for camo with the Tibbee pants from Mossy Oak so I am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate lab84 View Post
    Thank you sir. Just made my first order for Nomad camo. I have low standards for camo with the Tibbee pants from Mossy Oak so I am looking forward to it.
    Make sure you get the stretch lite pants. Seriously

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Make sure you get the stretch lite pants. Seriously
    That is what I got actually.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate lab84 View Post
    That is what I got actually.
    I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Thank you! Just worked like a charm