Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SC scientist predicts explosion in coronavirus cases as SC braces for more patients

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    This virus has been in America for months so those numbers don't mean anything.
    Where did you receive the first positive from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    This virus has been in America for months so those numbers don't mean anything.
    Lol

One thing we know for sure is, when you overwhelm the hospitals the death rate goes up. This virus has shown it's capable of that.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    This is very comparable to the Flu. And yes, people (especially old people) do get put on ventilators when the Flu develops into pneumonia. My buddy is an ER doc so I'm getting this straight from the front lines. This is a virus and it spreads like all viruses. This one happens to have a high mortality rate for people with health issues and older folks with a lowered immune system.

One thing I learned is the people who end of on a ventilator only have a 10% chance of survival.

The drug chloroquine has been very effective based on what I have been told. It prevents the ability for the virus to attach to the lungs which is why this is so lethal.

Not everyone ends up needing a ventilator.
    Apparently your friend doesnt know much about the virus or simply left alot out. Yes influenza can put people on ventilators but its affect on lungs are much different than COVID which causes ARDS.

The average person actually probably "feels" worse with the flu than COVID. The symptoms are due to your immune system kicking up, not truly the virus . This is the biggest issue, our immune system has never seen the novel coronavirus before. Sure our innate system which is the generic system that recognizes a virus as foreign but doesnt nothing beyond that , the more important part which is the adaptive system is non-existent early on.

These are the type post that are causing people to not take this seriously which is killing people... literally

I am signing off of here , at the minimum until this thing is over not for some statement but because myself along with other physicians, nurses, respiratory therapist etc will be manning overwhelmed hospitals for some "over-hyped cold" ... the end point depends on a attitude shift amongst the masses. Good luck all and stay safe.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Apparently your friend doesnt know much about the virus or simply left alot out. Yes influenza can put people on ventilators but its affect on lungs are much different than COVID which causes ARDS.

The average person actually probably "feels" worse with the flu than COVID. The symptoms are due to your immune system kicking up, not truly the virus . This is the biggest issue, our immune system has never seen the novel coronavirus before. Sure our innate system which is the generic system that recognizes a virus as foreign but doesnt nothing beyond that , the more important part which is the adaptive system is non-existent early on.

These are the type post that are causing people to not take this seriously which is killing people... literally

I am signing off of here , at the minimum until this thing is over not for some statement but because myself along with other physicians, nurses, respiratory therapist etc will be manning overwhelmed hospitals for some "over-hyped cold" ... the end point depends on a attitude shift amongst the masses. Good luck all and stay safe.
    My perspective changed some today. I know someone who died.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

For those of you that have lost someone, I’m truly sorry. Let’s pray for the doctors and nurses working around the clock. Let’s pray for the families that are going through this right now. Let’s pray for our President.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I now know two people who have lost family members.

And my wife (just like many others' family members) is working daily in the hospital...

I'm at a loss for words, but still know this is going to get MUCH worse.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

I feel like we will all know somebody who succumbs to this virus. Prayers to yours and all who are dealing with it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Let’s pray for the doctors and nurses working around the clock. Let’s pray for the families that are going through this right now. Let’s pray for our President.
    There’s been a lot of armchair QBing, and a lot of wildly predicting this entire situation (myself included), and none of it was, or is, in our control.
    The above is something that is. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Where did you receive the first positive from?

Reading this string I can’t help but wonder where you and 2th got all your expert info on this from and became apparently self appointed experts? Do we all really believe this hasn’t been in the US UNTIL Feb and in earnest now? With a million visits a month prior to this from people that have been through China? With a few hundred thousand I’m sure a day going in and out of China?? If it spreads so rapidly, how would that be? I get they’re trying to flatten the curve on exposure and bring up supplies to match so the incremental critical people this affects won’t overload the healthcare system. But arguing over flu vs Corona as to which is worse is just stupid and a waste of time. It doesn’t matter. But if this is truly a pandemic, we have one every year with the flu and it kills a shit ton more than the Corona apparently does. This has been in our population for a while based on probability alone. I know someone that died 2 years ago from the flu that was my age, at the time under 50. Does that make it any better or worse? No. We’re destroying our economy and blowing up debt for stimulus that I’m afraid a crippled and reduced GDP can’t carry long term. Now people are calling on our governor for everyone to stay home 2 more weeks?? Does no one understand more cases are showing up because we’re testing more people with possible symptoms? How big of a tizzy will we work ourselves into? Where will it end? Wh n the drivers stop delivering food to grocery stores and looting starts in earnest? Will we be safer then?
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I think my favorite dumbass argument right now is “bo, it has been here for months”

No, it hasn’t. Your local ER is not and hasn’t been overflowing with patients.

Eventually, everyone will understand that but until they they will continue to help spread it.

Default SC scientist predicts explosion in coronavirus cases as SC braces for more patients

No expert, deductive reasoning from how the virus work. This virus is very contagious and explodes (expands exponentially) in a new area with no precautions.

Church in Arkansas

https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/arkans...id-19-he-says/

Started with 2 large funerals in Albany Ga

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...s-restrictions

Kershaw County was similar.

If here is December and January it would have expanded expanded exponentially and we have seen a spike in hospitalizations and deaths as more small town epic centers.

Washington State was the same until precautions were taken. New Orleans is suffering from Mardi Gras.

The “if you had the flu in February, you probably had the Covid 19” is not true. I was dumb and thought the same at first.

Last edited by Bigtimber2; 03-26-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Women’s birthday party.
    25 of the 50 guests infected.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...reading-event/

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Women’s birthday party.
    25 of the 50 guests infected.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...reading-event/

Crazy. Just last week you were spreading hysteria over a cold.

Very sad. Even more sad that most of these are dying alone. Was this person older?

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I think my favorite dumbass argument right now is “bo, it has been here for months”

No, it hasn’t. Your local ER is not and hasn’t been overflowing with patients.

Eventually, everyone will understand that but until they they will continue to help spread it.

That’s because most people don’t go to the ER when they think they have a cold. Now, they’re being told their cold is probably Corona, so they’re freaking out.
    Last edited by wskinner; 03-26-2020 at 07:26 AM.

See?

Until grandma gets put into a refrigeration truck because the morgue is full you will have doubters.

Keep your perspective. I know someone who is going to die. YOU. Just like the rest of us. Make good decisions. Don't let emotion cloud your judgement to the point that you go snatching down flags or trading freedoms because of a virus. There have always been outbreaks and there will always be outbreaks...

Or when the National guard transports coffins to the local church so a preacher can pray over them before they are cremated.