Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SC scientist predicts explosion in coronavirus cases as SC braces for more patients

Default SC scientist predicts explosion in coronavirus cases as SC braces for more patients

The former director of Baruch Marine Foundation. Might as well ask Spuddy who hangs out begging for beer at the Young's Food in Eastover...

Looks like it's spreading faster here .

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

is it spreading faster or just testing more?

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Looks like it's spreading faster here .

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Now show me the numbers as proportion of population. Any growth is undesirable, but let's keep things relative.

US population is approx 327 mill compared to approx 60 mill in Italy.
    Last edited by Tmbrhntr; 03-25-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Lots of prognosticators out there spewing doom and gloom. The Flu spreads to 30 million Americans on average each year. Yet few actually get a Flu vaccination. And 50k Americans lose their life to the Flu each year on average. Why aren't they warning Americans about the Flu?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The former director of Baruch Marine Foundation. Might as well ask Spuddy who hangs out begging for beer at the Young's Food in Eastover...
    Bingo. He should stay in his lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Lots of prognosticators out there spewing doom and gloom. The Flu spreads to 30 million Americans on average each year. Yet few actually get a Flu vaccination. And 50k Americans lose their life to the Flu each year on average. Why aren't they warning Americans about the Flu?
    When is the last time flu spread so quick it overwhelmed the healthcare system and we ran out of ventilators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I strongly encourage yall to watch the press releases and make that your basis for information

Fauchi (sp?) plainly states the reasoning and explanation for the "rising stats." Its all very simple so I wont bore yall with it....

Our 12 day (?) self isolation will start to show in the stats very soon. You will see a decline (also explainable). You will also see better numbers from shelter-at-home areas in the coming days. You can reasonably expect sc to be on lockdown next week and then a gentle opening of areas with low infections rates that will then trickle down to SC.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Haven’t missed one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    When is the last time flu spread so quick it overwhelmed the healthcare system and we ran out of ventilators?

flu doesnt need ventilators nearly as often but i get your point.

when has flu season shut the country down and had everyone who sneezed worrying they were gonna die?

If trump has his way, you WILL see the comparisons between covid19 and the flu and we may realize we were too ambitious in our response.

Its hard to say "sorry grampa" but we're going back to work.....but you might hear it.

The comparisons to the flu are really getting silly. This ain't the flu. I'm all for keeping the economy going and I'm opposed to shelter-in-place orders for the general public/community. But again, this ain't the flu.
    Carolina Counsel

Cmovo provides one everyday too.

cuomo is a new yorker.

and i'll bite on the "this aint the flu" stuff.

What differentiates this virus from the flu? Keep in mind we have a vaccine and a treatment for the flu. I am armed and ready (with actual facts) for this debate so maybe do a little research before you quickly answer....

Default SC scientist predicts explosion in coronavirus cases as SC braces for more patients

The flu does peak but does not compound and we have tamiflu.

The death rate of the flu will probably be higher than Covid 19 but not as quick.

States are trying to avoid ICUs packed and unable to treat all emergencies not just the Covid 19. Nobody wants to go in cardiac arrest and ICU and need a vent for a couple of days.

Easter sounds good to me to stop the lock downs. People will only stay pent up so long.

Last edited by Bigtimber2; 03-25-2020 at 09:15 AM.

This is very comparable to the Flu. And yes, people (especially old people) do get put on ventilators when the Flu develops into pneumonia. My buddy is an ER doc so I'm getting this straight from the front lines. This is a virus and it spreads like all viruses. This one happens to have a high mortality rate for people with health issues and older folks with a lowered immune system.

One thing I learned is the people who end of on a ventilator only have a 10% chance of survival.

The drug chloroquine has been very effective based on what I have been told. It prevents the ability for the virus to attach to the lungs which is why this is so lethal.

Not everyone ends up needing a ventilator.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Bingo. He should stay in his lane.
    So should Bill Nye and Neil DeDumbass Tyson, but they run their mouths about shit they don't know at every opportunity. And for some reason the people with the microphones can't stay away from these assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    cuomo is a new yorker.

and i'll bite on the "this aint the flu" stuff.

What differentiates this virus from the flu? Keep in mind we have a vaccine and a treatment for the flu. I am armed and ready (with actual facts) for this debate so maybe do a little research before you quickly answer....
    I'll jump on it without further research anyway. Rate of infection/spread. Mortality and morbidity vis a vis "regular" flu.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    This is very comparable to the Flu.

Not everyone ends up needing a ventilator.
    Not in how contagious each are and the speed at which they spread nor the mortality. The flu rate is .01% if this is 1% that is 10 times more death.

Of course everyone does not need a ventilator but there are limited numbers and a concern of a shortage as seen across the world.

Your friend that is ER doc may be the only one not concerned in the country. This is no hoax or hysteria.

My hysteria is let grandma have a heart attack or drive by shooting and not treated properly could lead to some civil unrest.