Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gratis license....

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I wouldn’t be saying what my plans are on a public forum that has a couple game wardens on here
    Not all, but a lot more than a few game wardens are pieces of shit. I know 2 that are great people. Their job should be more PR/education oriented than trying to write as many tickets as possible. I know another guy who was a former game warden. He wasn't with them but about 2 or 3 years after he realized what the culture was about. He said the icing on the cake to find another career was when he was riding with a supervisor down around lake wateree at a public boat landing. They pulled up on a thug looking guy (fit the stereotype) and a little boy fishing. They got out and instead of starting with small talk, the supervisor immediately asked for a license. The adult (thug) said he didn't have one, but just wanted to do something with his son. He didnt care if they caught anything or not. The warden get the dudes ID and goes back to the truck. The guy I know asked the other gamewarden what he was going to do and he replied, write him a ticket of course bc he didn't have a license. That was the straw that broke the camels back for the guy I know. That game warden should have patted the thug on the back and told him that he was proud of him taking his son fishing and spending time with him. He could have said, now you are supposed to have a fishing license as an adult, but I'm going to let it slide this time. They are only $10. Have a good day and spend time with that boy. Family is everything. Take care.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 03-25-2020 at 08:28 AM.

I do know of a few that are genuinely good people and are doing it for the right reasons, but I can count those people on one hand. I will stand up and defend those people under any circumstances. I actually texted one of those a picture of the turkey I killed Sunday morning, sort of a "voluntary check in" you might say.

Now as far as the rest of them, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, especially the ones that have been snooping around on my property looking for bait that doesn't exist..... :wave:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if some of these guys aren’t putting bait out themselves then sitting on the property hunting the law abiding hunters.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

There’s been some decent ones around Greenwood. There’s a good one working our area now that I believe a good guy.

**** was a piece of work, tried to get us for a baited dove field one year, he showed up with a partner and then called 5 more to help search the field. The whole hour they spent out there looking for bait only one dove flew over the field.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Let's not be calling people out by name. Thanks...

My apologies
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

There's a great gamewarden over in newberry/salada area a few years ago. Might still be around, idk. He could have burned my ass one time and he let me off with a warning. I went striper fishing early in the year and had forgotten to transfer all the safety equipment to my fishing boat from my duck boat. I heard the fish were biting and prepped everything the day before, made sure the boat ran, batteries were charged, new line on rods, everything....except make sure I had the safety equipment. I was honest to the warden and he showed me grace. I told him it was a great learning lesson and I would never forget it. He was truly a great person.

This thread wasn't started to bash Game Wardens, but the best to ever put on greens is no longer with us....