Thread: .410 TSS...

Default .410 TSS...

My father in law has an older .410 single shot that he's letting my son use on Saturday for youth day. Only problem is, it's a modified barrel. Any of yall ever patterned the TSS # 9 through a modified barrel? I've got a 20 he can shoot, but he's more comfortable with the .410.

mine is a factory modified and it patterns great at 30 yards plenty of pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    That's good to hear. My son is 6 and I think the 20 gauge is a little too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Same here. I wish I had been more careful in selection and gotten something with screw in chokes though.
    Carolina Counsel

Get him inside 30 at least and you'll be fine.

I have a 28ga modified 870 that patterns great and I have killed birds at 40 and 46 with no problem. With that being said, it is shooting 9/16 of an ounce more shot. I would pattern it at 40, 30 and 20 yards. I'm guessing you will have a good pattern (100 pellets in a 10" circle) at 30 yards. My 870 .410 has a fixed full choke and I have been able to get 136 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

My 870 mod is a thirty yard killer at 30....forty gets a little squirreley!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Scratch that. The .410 would only shoot 2-3/4". Poppa gave him a new Franchi 20 gauge that fits him pretty good, so we're going to go that route. Hopefully we will have some pics to post Saturday.