Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Will we have Football this year

That would kill all winter & spring sports also. They rely on the football $$ to fund the rest. These booster clubs gotta be sweating right now.

I keep hearing without football college sports programs would go broke. I too thought the same thing until I found out the endowment at Clemson and USC are in excess of 700 million. I want college football as much as anyone. My fall will not be complete without football. I don't think these universities are going broke if it doesn't happen though, if they are allowed to tap into their endowments. Are universities prohibited from using their endowments on sports? I admit I don't know how that works.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 06-24-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I keep hearing without football college sports programs would go broke. I too thought the same thing until I found out the endowment at Clemson and USC are in excess of 700 million. I want college football as much as anyone. My fall will not be complete without football. I don't think these universities are going broke if it doesn't happen though, if they are allowed to tap into their endowments. Are universities prohibited from using their endowments on sports? I admit I don't know how that works.

Sadly the ones that would suffer are the people that work events, small mom and pop operations that thrive on food/souvenir sales , etc

It would be devastating to local economies to be honest, yes the University would survive but those around them will crumble

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Not that simple. I believe that If money was given as an endowment specified to a college, degree program, or education then it can’t be used for athletics.

What would y’all bicker over if they cancel football?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    What would y’all bicker over if they cancel football?
    If you had a rock that was worked by a NATIVE AMERICAN for a 100 Alex?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Was looking forward to the upcoming season, I heard Climp5in added Bob Jones University to the football schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Was looking forward to the upcoming season, I heard Climp5in added Bob Jones University to the football schedule

Yep heard same thing as you. Needed a tougher game to finish regular season so they are replacing the perennial loser U6C with Bob Jones Univ so we can increase our schedule strength
    Last edited by tprice; 06-25-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Yep heard same thing as you. Needed a tougher game to finish regular season so they are replacing the perennial loser U6C with Bob Jones Univ so we can increase our schedule strength
    Joe Burrows cousin plays for BJU. Might not be the cakewalk y'all wanted.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who would favored in a Bob Jones vs SC matchup on a neutral field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fighting Eskimos -3

HS schools looking “iffy” at this point but at least they are still in “stage 1”.

Greenville County just stopped all athletic stuff until July 15

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    If you had a rock that was worked by a NATIVE AMERICAN for a 100 Alex?
    That’s a good one
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Greenville county made it a week. All athletic practices cancelled until July 20 at earliest.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Fighting Eskimos -3
    I would take it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Dutch Fork is practicing

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Greenville county made it a week. All athletic practices cancelled until July 20 at earliest.

Not surprising , to me(and most all of us down here in Anderson) we consider that Greenville/Anderson Cnty line the Mason Dixon line LOL

Seriously not sure what to expect at this point

McMaster: No high school, college football if cases don't change

COLUMBIA, SC (WCIV) — Gov. Henry McMaster threatened the possibility of no high school or college football if South Carolinians can't get their act together.

During his press conference on Wednesday, McMaster said that COVID-19 is a serious disease, and they need people to take this seriously or else he cannot give the go-ahead for concerts and high school and college football and other spectator sports and gatherings.

"If we want to go into the fall with school openings and football games and all that goes into that with celebrations and gatherings, we must control the spread of the virus," he said. "Take this thing seriously. If everyone does that, then we'll be in good shape. If there are people who don't do that, we will not be in good shape."

On Wednesday, the Department of Health and Environmental Control announced on Wednesday that the state had 1,497 cases and a record high 24 deaths.

Anyone who violates the executive order with spectator sports can face consequences, whether it's the maximum of 30 days of jail or a $100 dollar fine, he said. He added that it's up to local law enforcement to break up those games, but that they might be enforcing other laws and can't be everywhere.

The Lexington County Blowfish, a summer college baseball team, planned on holding their season opener tonight, but McMaster said that game currently violates his executive order.

When asked about a possible loophole in his executive order that does not include amateur sports, he said he is not aware of such a loophole.

He also added that if people don't take this seriously now, it'll be a "quiet time" in South Carolina come the fall season.

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/mcma...es-dont-change

It's not looking good.

Life will go on. I wish pro and college would shut down, maybe the athletes would see that they are fortunate and not a necessity.
    Low country redneck who moved north