Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Through Hull Transducers

It should definitely work very well for what you are probably looking for. Is it setup with a mini cell damn built around it then filled in with silicone?
    I will say though that I don’t think you will see the full potential of that transducer until you put it in the water slightly below the hill.

I agree. Your side imaging won't work but you'll still mark fish and get depth. The water temp may or may not be off. I've seen it work both ways with thru hull mounts. The YakAttack Switchblade that ColumbiaCornbread mentioned is another option especially if your NuCanoe already has a track mount on it. I use one with a YakAttack Lock and Load when I run two Helix units on my Pro Angler. The only downside to a transducer mounting arm is the need to clear the ducer of grass that will accumulate on it when fishing matted grass or current with grass floating.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL