Thread: 1999-2013 GM fueling issues

Default 1999-2013 GM fueling issues

It’s most common on 99-2013 anyways. The complaint is the customer can only put a gallon or two in at a time and pump cuts off. So as you fill up and gas rises so do the vapors. The vapors go into vent lines and collect in a charcoal canister. So the guy that rounds up to the next dollar etc ends up putting actual fuel into the canister because it’s over full. The gas dissolves the charcoal sack and the pellets fall back down in the vent lines and ultimately could end up in the tank. At this point the vent lines are stopped up, as you fill up the vapors can’t rise fast enough due to clog and it cuts the pump off.

Sometimes you can just pull tank, blow lines out and replace charcoal canister. Often enough the pellets have made it to the tank and the vent on tank is completely stopped up and the tank is full of pellets that you will never get them all out and tank needs replacing.

When your gas knozzle shuts off, hang it back on the pump.

And if this part is full and stopped up, it’s new tank time.

Last edited by KRT; 03-21-2020 at 05:58 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

If this happens can you just empty the charcoal filter and unclog the lines?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

I e got an 04 Tahoe. When it’s cold I gotta pump the gas pedal to crank. When it’s warm out there’s no issue.
    867-5309

Good info on the over filling.
    I had a code thrown a few years ago on an 08 Silverado and it was the
    solenoid valve associated with that EVAP purge system. Replaced it and was good to go.
    That's pretty common also isn't it?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-22-2020 at 02:52 PM.