Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gov Orders beach dispersal

Default Gov Orders beach dispersal

Gov. McMaster orders law enforcement to disperse crowds gathered on S.C. beaches
    WYFF 4Updated: 3:35 PM EDT Mar 20, 2020
    COLUMBIA, S.C. (WMBF) —

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster has directed agents with the State Law Enforcement Division and local law enforcement agencies to disperse crowds gathered on state beaches to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus.

The additional enforcement stems from the state of emergency McMaster previously issued.

That enforcement order declares that it is unlawful for a person to “congregate, unless authorized or in their homes, in groups of three or more and to refuse to disperse upon order of a law enforcement officer.”

“Coastal residents can responsibly maintain social distance while enjoying our state’s beaches,” McMaster said in a tweet Friday afternoon.

He followed up that tweet with a second one.

"A state of emergency exists in South Carolina to prevent the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus. To save lives, I have directed SLED and local law enforcement to disperse crowds gathered on our state’s beaches," the tweet said.

Right to assemble. I know thee no more

Chief Brody in charge.

Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Funny how quickly we shit all over our god given rights at the first sign of trouble.
    Nature is a funny thing. Every living living organism on earth becomes decease ridden when the population density exceeds the habitat. Why would humans think they are any different? Nature knows what it’s doing. It’s almost like the dude that invented it knew what he was doing.....
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Funny how quickly we shit all over our god given rights at the first sign of trouble.
    Nature is a funny thing. Every living living organism on earth becomes decease ridden when the population density exceeds the habitat. Why would humans think they are any different? Nature knows what it’s doing. It’s almost like the dude that invented it knew what he was doing.....
    Right on....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Have to Agree with you Giff
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

So a family of four has to make sure one is straggling behind... but how far? What if everyone is 10’ apart, which is more than a normal ‘social distance’?

Sheesh...
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 03-20-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

So my family of four can’t sit on a secluded beach tomorrow? He can kiss my ass.
    cut\'em

This isn't about secluded beaches. It looked like 4th of July today at the beach here. I'm thrilled to have an extra thousand people in the neighborhood during a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    This isn't about secluded beaches. It looked like 4th of July today at the beach here. I'm thrilled to have an extra thousand people in the neighborhood during a pandemic.
    You shoulda been in Do-chesta, wasn’t a thing going on there.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 03-20-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Well- if you don't like it- leave. Beaches are PUBLIC property in our state- not to be reserved for the wealthy few. Someone needs to remind the beach town mayors that their re-nourishment and tourism money doesn't come only from the resident's wallets.

I guess then McMaster can close off our state at the border- no different than what mayors are doing.

This is not WW3- nor a natural disaster- but a man made media driven frenzy that is destroying the worlds economy and ripping the very fabric of personal freedom for a friggen 0.1% mortality virus.
    Over the next 2 months- more vets will commit suicide than C-19 will kill, and it would take decades for C-19 to surpass planned parenthood abortions-if they stopped today.

I will not comply- I may die but I won't be wearing a diaper because there is no toilet paper.

World wide , we are at a little over 10,000 deaths since November....each year,world wide 80,000-130,000 people die world wide from snake bites...I mean , damn
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    You shoulda been in Do-chesta, wasn’t a thing going in there.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Well- if you don't like it- leave. Beaches are PUBLIC property in our state- not to be reserved for the wealthy few.
    Fuck you. I live in a neighborhood and pay exorbitant taxes to facilitate you freeloaders to come to the coast and park in my yard that I pay taxes on. I welcome people to park in the right of way on the sides of my yard that I have to mow and groom when they mush it up after a monsoon rain. I pick up the diapers and six pack rings they leave in my yard without complaint. I pick up three times the amount of shit my dogs leave because so many of the visitors don't think it matters. I pay for emergency responders to save the idiots that ignore the signs that tell them not to swim to the sand bar. I pay for extra police to control the crowds of drunks that you never see in your neighborhood. I pay for the beaches to be nice when you visit. Right now I have to just ignore the thousand idiots a day that don't care that they might be endangering my older neighbors because it's more important that they get to play in the PUBLIC sand while we're in the middle of a global pandemic.

On a brighter note, I did get my dove fields disced and cultivated today. Nobody had to subsidize my visit to the farm...that I paid for.

Fuck you. I live in a neighborhood and pay exorbitant taxes to facilitate you freeloaders to come to the coast and park in my yard that I pay taxes on. I welcome people to park in the right of way on the sides of my yard that I have to mow and groom when they mush it up after a monsoon rain. I pick up the diapers and six pack rings they leave in my yard without complaint. I pick up three times the amount of shit my dogs leave because so many of the visitors don't think it matters. I pay for emergency responders to save the idiots that ignore the signs that tell them not to swim to the sand bar. I pay for extra police to control the crowds of drunks that you never see in your neighborhood. I pay for the beaches to be nice when you visit. Right now I have to just ignore the thousand idiots a day that don't care that they might be endangering my older neighbors because it's more important that they get to play in the PUBLIC sand while we're in the middle of a global pandemic.

On a brighter note, I did get my dove fields disced and cultivated today. Nobody had to subsidize my visit to the farm...that I paid for.
    My family deals with same at Edisto.. but I agree with Bad Habit. If this is the attitude of property owners then the public at large should not be paying to re-renourish beaches unless there is adequate public access.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Maybe you should move to your farm. That way you don’t have to get pissed off every time someone sits in “your beach spot” at the end of your boardwalk.
    Last edited by wskinner; 03-21-2020 at 07:39 PM.

I think PB’s problem is the lack of respect the beach goers have to the people who live there. You would get shittin too if someone left their trash in your yard everyday and rutted up the side.

I took my girls to a more remote beach today but I couldn’t believe how crowded the waterways were.
    cut\'em

Are they re-nourishing Sullivan’s? Last I heard there was a decent legal fight over who owns and maintains the expanding maritime forest due to accreted land.

I get fed up with the attitude that I should be happy about idiots that don't care what they are doing to my neighborhood by showing up by the thousands during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC. And then they disregard the fact that the beaches are kept nice by the people that live nearby with the LOCAL taxes, not state taxes. Visitors don't pay shit to maintain the PUBLIC beaches but they don't have any compunction about calling me an elitist because I don't want a few thousand visitors during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC. They come and act like they own the beach. I live here and still try to act like a polite guest.

Beach renourishment is idiotic. Nobody should be doing it or paying for it.

I don't have a "beach spot". Beaches are for everyone, just like duck holes. There still should be a modicum of respect and consideration for the folks that keep the place accessible. I pay for the beach to be nice when you visit. I buy the bags that you don't use to pick up your dog's shit and the trash pickup for the trash that the respectful people use. You get to park in my yard. That makes me an elitist?

My community is about to implement pay-for-parking because the surrounding beaches have already implemented it and we expect that to push even bigger crowds to our little island. I've been attending town hall meetings and pushing against it. I think I just got my mind changed.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 03-21-2020 at 08:44 PM.