Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Word on the street

I'm having Thursday steak lunch.. then I'll probably go work on my putting for a couple hours, dont know.. I might get all wild and go play. I'm typically pretty happy if I can maintain a footie tan

Playing tomorrow myself. Doing some ribeyes tonight on the egg. Life's not all bad.

I wish I was having ribeyes.. it's kinda throwing me off. I bought a selection of stuff from Ole Timey, not one of those baskets, just picking and choosing.. I bought a couple of bacon wrapped fillets for two kids, they opted for stuffed chicken last night. I've eaten my prime ribeyes, but I cant force myself to go buy more until someone eats those fillets.. so I unwrapped them from bacon, and I've broke out cast iron and butter.

I played yesterday and am currently eating a Green Egged ribeye at my desk, working

Nice

I was able to play 27 Tuesday, and just putt for a stint yesterday. I deal with getting things in order on Thursday then a few salesmen and walk out.

Solidly prepared. I had mine with some yeller rice, spinach and tomato w/ hot sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Perfect!

Thanks

It's not too terrible a month after this thread was started.. hopefully some sort of normalcy will resume for others soon.

Why has Camden’s golf course fallen out the top 50 courses in the state , could it be the horrible condition of the greens?

I would have to say yes, even though it hurts me to say that. We hired a new GM last week, and we have some new procedures going down.. the plan is to work the from the greens back. He knows golf, passionate about it, and is somewhat taking over it. I've played with him since a teenager. I've been out there for thirty some odd years playing it, the place is special to me, and I've never been negative about it.. until a few months ago, the greens broke me. It's been a month, some growing, and there's a difference, it is getting better. I don't think they'll go back. It hurt to see the fourball pushed back, I thought that was enough..

Right now, we have punched them.. so we will see with some new grow, new outlooks, science, and new equipment.

I felt like I knew every inch of those greens until that f****** fungus. I'm out here with a mirror after that shit got in my head.