Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DNR closings

Default DNR closings

Email received saying all state ranges are being closed.

I am told, I have not seen it in writing, that WMA's will be closed also along with any turkey hunting on them.

Keep in mind, that is what I was told.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

That would be absolutely ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Was it from a U.S. Marshal?

Yeah, I wouldn’t let that stop me.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Now, y'all didn't hear this from me, buuutttttt.....

i'm calling bs on that one
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

This is getting over the top.

This curfew mess, and outdoors stuff it too much. Healthcare facilities, and government buildings makes sense. But what I do after 7 pm has no bearing on what the virus does. If a private business wants to stay open that should be their prerogative.

Making the official statements for all the other mess waters down the importance already placed on places that need priority.

I'm all for taking this very serious, and getting through this together, but the past 2 days of crap is just over reach and will be a hurdle to actually getting the economy going again.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Page last updated: March 20, 2020

SCDNR continues to monitor COVID-19. In accordance with guidance from state and federal authorities, SCDNR has canceled, postponed or closed several programs. As more programs and events are affected, we will continue to post cancellations and closures here.

Cancellations
    The antler scoring session at Price's Country Store (March 20)
    John Davis Meet & Greet (March 20)
    Diversity Outreach Program - Wateree River WMA & HP Nature Hike (March 21)
    SC Archery in the Schools Program State Championship (March 24-26)
    The Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic (March 27-29)
    The Youth Bass Fishing Championship (March 27-28) - Postponed
    Coyote Management Workshop – Webb Wildlife Center (April 2-3)
    Fish Brosnan Forest Fishing Rodeo (April 4)
    Table Rock State Park Fishing Clinics (April 4 & April 18)
    Diversity Outreach Program - Congaree Creek Heritage Preserve Nature Walk (April 11)
    Diversity Outreach Program - Volunteer Lab Day at Parker Annex Archaeology Center (April 13)
    Blue Hole Recreation Area Fishing Rodeo (April 25) - Postponed
    Sun City Grandparents Park Fishing Clinics (May 16, June 20, July 18) - Suspended until further notice
    Volunteer Lab days at SCDNR's Parker Annex Archaeology Center will be canceled until further notice.
    Closures
    The St. Stephen's Fish Lift (Shad cam available)
    All SCDNR freshwater fish hatcheries (still operational, but closed to public)
    Beginning March 19 at 5 p.m., SCDNR offices statewide will no longer be able to accommodate in-person transactions at our customer service counters until further notice. In the interim, operations at SCDNR offices will continue, with processing for all boat titling and registration and licensing customer requests being handled online, by telephone or via the U.S. mail.
    Due to the executive order from the Governor for prevention of the COVID-19 virus, all DNR ranges will close at 3 PM today, March 20, 2020, and remain closed until further notice. Please continue to monitor our website for updated information on ranges.
    Boater Education classes closed until March 30, 2020.
    Hunter Education classes closed until March 30, 2020.
    Take One Make One classes have been cancelled until further notice.
    Postponed Events
    The Youth Bass Fishing Championship (March 27-28)
    Blue Hole Recreation Area Fishing Rodeo (April 25)

All SCDNR license offices remain open, however SCDNR urges all customers to utilize online resources for the purchase of hunting and fishing licenses, as well as renewal of boat registrations.

At this time, COVID-19 has not impacted season dates or regulations of upcoming hunting or fishing seasons.

Wildlife Management Areas are open in accordance with their regular schedule.

Yep verified. All WMA's from Columbia north are closed. Named, unnamed and natl forest.

Y'all stay out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yep verified. All WMA's from Columbia north are closed. Named, unnamed and natl forest.

Y'all stay out.
    Also West of Columbia. All east of columbia is open.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

In a time of social distancing the WMAs will not close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a conservation permit you can hunt any wma.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Hunting could be a different story if LEOs are redirected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ranges being closed is verified. I received that email from DNR this morning. Haven't seen or heard a thing about WMA's.

I want my $5.50 back.
    DILLIGAF

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

If the green jeans ain't working who cares if they close WMAs or turkey season. All the seasons will be opened. Just saying.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    If the green jeans ain't working who cares if they close WMAs or turkey season. All the seasons will be opened. Just saying.
    That’s the way I’m looking at it. I got enough rabbits on my property to feed half the members on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Y'all stay out.
    Lol...

Note the bottom two lines on the page linked below (and shown above)

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/covid19.html

At this time, COVID-19 has not impacted season dates or regulations of upcoming hunting or fishing seasons.

Wildlife Management Areas are open in accordance with their regular schedule.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'