Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Governor to announce closure of all schools

Default Governor to announce closure of all schools

South Carolina Gov. Foghorn Leghorn will announce temporary closures for schools across the state as more cases of coronavirus continue to emerge

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/offi...of-all-schools

Foghorn was Fritz, not Henry.

But yes, schools will be closed for 2 weeks.

Does me no good. Staff will have to show up anyway. We've already been told that.

It’s almost like watching a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    It’s almost like watching a movie.
    Like... Dumb and Dumber
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Apparently this was leaked and will be talked about at 4. My wife is a teacher and nothing has been confirmed for her yet. What a shit show.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Henry is Foghorn Leghorn.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Like... Dumb and Dumber
    Legitimate question. How is it like dumb and dumber?

Right now the mortality rate amongst those 75+ and/or with underlying health issues is anywhere from 15-20%. That’s somewhere between 1 in 5 and 1 in 7 individuals who get it in that category will die and the vast majority in that age group who get it will more than likely require hospitalization if they are going to survive.

Most people under 20 are either very mildly symptomatic to asymptomatic, making them prime candidates to transmit the virus to a crapton of people. Where do kids spread germs like crazy? At school, and there is no way to track who has it and who doesn’t. Simplest fix? Keep them out of school. Is that going to be easy for a lot of people? No, but if you have people you care about in the categories I mentioned above, you should be taking this stuff seriously. Crazy to think that what may seem like allergies to us younger folk has a decent chance of killing old people.

here is some simple math:

S.C. estimated current population: 5,100,000

% Over Age of 65: 17.7% or 902,000

Let’s say 40% of them get the virus: 361,000

To trim it back, let’s say, 3% mortality rate for 65+: 10,000 people die, thousands more will need hospitalization.

Sprinkle in some random young people, decent chance of a few SCducks members dying (based on having 14,000 members)

I hope and pray that I am completely wrong and will HAPPILY eat crow if I am. But if the numbers can be decreased by taking two weeks off from school, why not try? As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, right?
    Last edited by dubs; 03-15-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    Formerly DM88

Just got the call that Spartanburg District 1 schools will be closed for 3 weeks
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post

Right now the mortality rate amongst those 75+ and/or with underlying health issues is anywhere from 15-20%. That’s somewhere between 1 in 5 and 1 in 7 individuals who get it in that category will die and the vast majority in that age group who get it will more than likely require hospitalization if they are going to survive.

Most people under 20 are either very mildly symptomatic to asymptomatic, making them prime candidates to transmit the virus to a crapton of people. Where do kids spread germs like crazy? At school, and there is no way to track who has it and who doesn’t. Simplest fix? Keep them out of school. Is that going to be easy for a lot of people? No, but if you have people you care about in the categories I mentioned above, you should be taking this stuff seriously. Crazy to think that what may seem like allergies to us younger folk has a decent chance of killing old people.

To trim it back, let’s say, 3% mortality rate for 65+: 10,000 people die, thousands more will need hospitalization.

Sprinkle in some random young people, decent chance of a few SCducks members dying (based on having 14,000 members)

I hope and pray that I am completely wrong and will HAPPILY eat crow if I am. But if the numbers can be decreased by taking two weeks off from school, why not try? As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, right?
    You can add.

I'm glad you pointed this out.

I've been saying since last week that if we on the front lines were gonna hunker down it does no good to have school and those kids coming in contact with the employees who are taking all sorts of precautions at work.

This is for the best. We can beat this. We all need to get on the same page to do it. Other wise once it hits it will be too late. This isn't gonna trickle in it will hit like a wave if we don't get in front of it. If we can control the isolated cases we will all laugh around Christmas when all the new borns come into the world, but if we don't we will be at a ton of funerals come first middle of Turkey season!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    Apparently this was leaked and will be talked about at 4. My wife is a teacher and nothing has been confirmed for her yet. What a shit show.

I can confirm it is accurate.

I also agree with last part of your statement as well
    Last edited by tprice; 03-15-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post

Please don't bring common sense in here, half these idiots think it's just another "hurricane coming" toward the state and
    folks are ridiculously running out for bread and milk. Lessons will be learned here
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-15-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Governor said no utilities will be shut off, so if I have electric and water...………………..food can be had.
    fresh fish, deer, shrimp, clams and oysters if things get real bad
    eyeballing cattle right around the corner

You gotta have electricity to eat?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I got a generator new in box that can be had if anybody needs one
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Given that the elderly are more susceptible to dying from the virus, and that most working adults will still have to work...

I would imagine many families will turn to grandmothers and elderly family members to look after children in the absence of school (daycare).

Wouldn’t that put elderly folks in more danger, being around potentially exposed children?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Given that the elderly are more susceptible to dying from the virus, and that most working adults will still have to work...

I would imagine many families will turn to grandmothers and elderly family members to look after children in the absence of school (daycare).

Wouldn’t that put elderly folks in more danger, being around potentially exposed children?
    Valid point.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post

Valid point on the childcare but I won't be surprised if there is a push for non-essential work to stop to prevent the exponential spread.

From an epidemiology standpoint it makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Valid point on the childcare but I won't be surprised if there is a push for non-essential work to stop to prevent the exponential spread.

From an epidemiology standpoint it makes the most sense.
    Roads aren't going to repair themselves...... Damn I couldn't type that without laughing my ass of the entire time. Roads in sc getting fixed BBWWWAAAAHHHAHAHHAA
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I think We will all get a two week vacation before it's over.