Thread: My Beer Fridge Has the Virus

Default My Beer Fridge Has the Virus

So it’s seems my beer fridge as catch the Corona Virus. The freeze and fridge sections are the same temperature. Kinda cool to the touch but when you grab a drink it’s clearly not cold.

It’s an 18 year old Kenmore. From experience is this a simple fix or not worth the call?

Thanks

Unplug it and let it thaw and restart. Mine had gotten ice build up in the chase that connects the two.

No visible ice. But I will it that

My barn fridge does that from time to time if I overload it or if block the airflow around the sides. Unplug it for a few hours and move some stuff around and it's back to ok. I don't know why that works, but it does.

I got a Kenmore with bottom freezer I’m getting ready to sell. I’ve maker works until it doesn’t but it’ll freeze shit and keep shit cold.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I've got one, brand new I need one of you tech guys to diagnose.. I bought it, plugged it up, stocked it (food and drinks) at the lake house.. Head back two days later to start the 4th week, and the fridge isn't running, freezer is though.. We've lived out of a few coolers for the week like we were camping.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 03-13-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Check to see whether something is blocking a vent inside the refrigerator.

I'm pretty sure it is frozen on the freezer side. You can just unplug it and it will thaw but it will take a looong time. I have always taken the inside back cover off of the freezer and used a hair dryer to thaw it out. When you get the cover off you will most likely see all of the ice. There is going to be alot of water running out while it thaws. Ice can stop the fan and block the circulation vents.
    I'm not a pro I have just never been afraid to take stuff apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got a Kenmore with bottom freezer I’m getting ready to sell. I’ve maker works until it doesn’t but it’ll freeze shit and keep shit cold.
    When can you get it to Lexington? And setup in my garage?

Theres not really a need for another thread so...

I went up there this morning, and unplugged it. The freezer is fine. The vent from the freezer to the fridge has ice in it. Also it looks like the guys that set it up might not have cared

20200315_094741.jpg

Two pieces of tape over styrofoam, not sure if the foam should be removed, above pic

Next pic, the vent, it has styrofoam in it, plus it's frozen up

20200315_100332.jpg

20200315_094951.jpg

I unplugged mine and left the doors open for a few days. No water on the floor. I plugged it back in last night and this AM it's not cold but running.

Might have lost Freon. Time to get a new used one
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Check the scratch and dent aisle at Lowes. I bought a $1300 fridge for $300 a few years ago. It had a small scratch about 1 1/4" long in the side. The original buyer refused delivery and sent it back, was never plugged in.