Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero turn mower?

Default Zero turn mower?

Looking for a new mower for the new house. Will be cutting roughly 4 acres. Looking in the $6-$8k range, 60" deck, good ride, etc...

What are you folks using? The market seems to be saturated. I had no clue there were as many manufacturers as there are
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

SCAG

Hustler fastrak

You should get two and teach those youngins how to run them.

I bought a Kubota Z411 last year and have been really pleased.

What are the landscape guys running in your area? Go with that.

4 acres is a lot of grass and will require a large mower but your price range accounts for that. I went through this a couple of years a ago and was torn between John Deere and Exmark. I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Exmark until I found out how slow the Exmark dealer service is. Not that they are bad or anything, but those guys are printing money. They are busy busy and can sometimes take up to 3 weeks for simple fixes. I experienced this first hand on a blower I purchased from them that started acting up under warranty. Instead of fixing myself, I took in. Took 2 and a half weeks to clean the spark arrestor. I went with John Deere and for the most part have been pleased. A few bumps and bruises through the purchasing process and a warranty issues afterwards but my dealer has been easy to work with and service has been timely.

I say all that to say, make sure you take after sale service into consideration. That's really what's going to separate the top lines that you will consider.
    Last edited by reeltight; 03-12-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Scag, Toro, Gravely, Exmark

Hustler Super Z. Cuts at 13-14 MPH. I don't have near so much land to cut as you...purchased the next level down which is the Fastrak and have been very pleased. Make sure whatever you get is Kawasaki powered was the word i received from all my landscape buddies when I questioned them.

I like a steering wheel. To hard to drink beer and cut grass on a zero turner..... just saying, good luck with your search
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Scag or Kubota.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Closest hustler dealer in almost 2 hours away from what I can see. Not sure how that would be as far a getting someone around here to service it
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Ive had a Husqvarna MZT 61 for 4 years and I love it.

The deck and engine both have been bulletproof
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Get a Kawasaki powered Bobcat. They can take an absolute beating and keep on going. Not sure of your location, but Whitley Power Equipment in Monroe’s customer service is great.

Bought a Kubota Z421 few months ago. Really pleased with it so far. Built much better than Dixie Chopper I had.

i bought a toro. With that being said I would be sure whatever I bought that the dealer was fairly close by for service.

Bad Boy.

Ferris has the best ride/suspension and have Kawasaki motors. They also build Snapper.

I have had a Snapper for over 15 years with no problems. Just put a battery in every few years.

I have a 48 inch. A 60 inch will be gone for 4 acres.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-12-2020 at 07:54 AM.

I have run them all. I was a scag fan for 17 years and had many throughout that time. I have swapped. They continue to go up in parts for small things and they are NOT lasting as long as they used to. I bought a gravely the other day. It makes racket but it’s about as comfortable ride as you can get at the price points I buy at. We use and abuse these things in crap yards. I run walker mowers on highly maintained turf. Stick w Kawasaki motors. My dealer for gravely is the fastest ever with turnaround time. Basic parts are cheap and in stock always.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Get a stander. I got a Hustler stander. Bought off Craigslist with 4 hours for 3800. If you search long enough you can find a deal although best chance was Nov-Jan.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 03-12-2020 at 01:28 PM.

I went with a Bobcat XRZ Pro with the 61" deck. Also has a Kawasaki motor on it. It's done all I need. I mow my yard which is about 6acres and my grandparent's yard which is around 4acres.

As was stated earlier, Whitley's on 601 between Pageland and Monroe is the place to buy if you're in the vicinity. I got mine on their annual spring sale and got about a 10% discount. Went to pay and they were running a 0% interest if you qualified. Put half down, financed the rest and rolled with it.