Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zero turn mower?

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Get a stander. I got a Hustler stander. Bought off Craigslist with 4 hours for 3800. If you search long enough you can find a deal although best chance was Nov-Jan.
    I guess call me lazy, who wants to stand for a 4 acre yard?

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I guess call me lazy, who wants to stand for a 4 acre yard?
    Who wants a four acre yard? I’d spend $1000 on fence, get a cow and be done with it.

I have a 60” Badboy and have about 6 acres I keep cut, has it for 2 years and it will cut circles around the cub cadet and husqvarnas I’ve had.

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    Who wants a four acre yard? I’d spend $1000 on fence, get a cow and be done with it.
    Yeah, get some goats. The boys will have a blast chasing them around, roping them off of their 4 wheelers. Plus, it’s easy to to wack one over the head and carry to a processor.

Going to check out whitleys. They ain't terribly far. Dealers around me are Kubota, toro, grasshopper, and spartan.

Has anyone seen the Spartans? They look sweet and have a lot of high end feature, just not sure if they will file chapter 7 in 2 years and be gone when I need them
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Get a finish mower for your tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Get a finish mower for your tractor
    I used to cut 6 acres at my parents house when I lived at home with a 6' woods mower on the back of a new holland. Would take me roughly 2 hours and 45 minutes. They bought a toro z turn in 1999 and my time went down to 1:55 minutes

iv cut on/owned a many of them.....currently have a john deere 930m. by far the most impressive i have used. excellent cut, great ride, nice machine. you could find a nice used one for the price range you are looking to stay in.

We run gravely's and one Bad Boy. They both hold up well. We prefer the gravely's, but really you just need a good dealer with whatever you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmetz View Post
    We run gravely's and one Bad Boy. They both hold up well. We prefer the gravely's, but really you just need a good dealer with whatever you choose.
    Are you the J Metz that lived on Skylark Drive in the 70's

Grasshopper made a dang good machine. Havent looked at them in recent years, but I am in the market also, and I will definitely check them out. My folks' Grasshopper is over 20 years old amd the best machine Ive cut with. The front articulating deck is awesome.

Dealer about 15 minutes away sales grasshopper. They are pretty sweet. I see a lot of them on "professional" grass cutter's trailers. Could you imagine how many they would sale if they weren't so ugly

Quote Originally Posted by duckmeat View Post
    iv cut on/owned a many of them.....currently have a john deere 930m. by far the most impressive i have used. excellent cut, great ride, nice machine. you could find a nice used one for the price range you are looking to stay in.
    I’ll second the 930m

Cousins husband cuts for a living and swears by JD. He has a 920 and 930. I need to go use one of his. I'm not sure why but I've never been a JD fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Are you the J Metz that lived on Skylark Drive in the 70's
    No sir

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Closest hustler dealer in almost 2 hours away from what I can see. Not sure how that would be as far a getting someone around here to service it
    You just got your answer. Get the one that comes from a local, reliable dealer that will stand behind and maintain it.

Hopefully there isn't any 'Muddy Bay' type dealers in zero turn mower business.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

We have two scags and just bought a Toro. I like and dislike things about both of them. The scag can cut through anything but are heavy. The Toro is the roughest riding I've ever been on but the seat is more comfortable and it blows taller grass out more evenly. Doesnt clump as bad. Overall I would choose the scag. Whatever you get dont get anything over a 60" deck or they will scalp bad.