Thread: Santee Cooper to add 5% more beneficial veg

Default Santee Cooper to add 5% more beneficial veg

The Carolina Wildlife Syndicate pushed hard for an increase one on one with Santee Cooper.

For those of you who are members of CWS and to the others that also sent the emails , made the calls and attended the meetings, Great Job and Thank you !

This is the ending segment of a three part series that will be better edited in the near future.

In this one, after the stall, you will hear about the increase.

Some things on the horizon that we are still working on with Santee Cooper : carp numbers refined more in line with health indices, better use of selective herbicide spot treatment of invasive veg with sensitivity towards natives, more discriminate use of non selective herbicide treatment and the possibility of some mechanical harvesting especially as related to Water Hyacinth. Of course we will keep pushing for another increase as well.

I know it seems small to some but for our first real push I am happy to hear it. Now to keep those attorneys from tearing it up.

Last edited by Strick9; 03-11-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Thanks for your work

I first read that as "Vag". Good job either way!!

Nice work

Nice! Something we can celebrate for sure. Now we can move forward and work on other items!! Thanks again for your hard work!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

So awesome to get folks in agreement to increase critical native vegetation!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Good job!

Can we get them to fire the person over the lakes?
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

I’m glad to see this, but just a couple of hard facts...

1. The MOA is simply an agreement of a goal, and is in no way a definitive line that must be met.
    In layman’s terms, “it’s what we would agree to like to see on paper.”

2. The one and only time that the long-standing, prior MOA of 10% was ever met in 2 decades since the great SAV kill off of 1997, we reached 17k acres of native vegetation and 5k acres of hydrilla (+\-) in 2009.
    Within 2 years our very own SCDNR wiped it all out within 3 years.
    The MOA, was irrelevant.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

^ Yep, that is very true, That's where holding their feet to the fire comes into play. A lot of money by both SCDNR and Santee Cooper is spent on forming and writing that MOA up.
    Last edited by Strick9; 03-16-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    Genesis 9;2