Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curved TVs

Default Curved TVs

Anyone have real life experience with one of the curved Hd TVs? Preferably Samsung. Is it really a difference in the viewing or just a cool marketing gimmick? Let’s hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I don’t know much about the curved TVs but I got a curved monitor for my computer at work and told them to take it back. I didn’t like it at all. 32” screen.
    Bone....

Don’t waste your money.

marketing gimic. buddy of mine has one and looks fine but no better than my flat of same dimension

I have a samsung curved that we bought in 2014. I like the curve aspect..really great picture. I’ll never buy anything from Samsung again though. I’ve owned four Samsung TVs, and their smart tv apps are limited. About 3 years in, every Samsung TV I’ve had starts acting weird and f’n up. It’ll be intermittent at first and the problems will increase in frequency just enough to piss you off but not enough to go and buy a new TV. Bought a samsung laptop 2 years ago. Great reviews. I need a backlit keyboard in a big way and it was my first requirement when I went shopping. One update in and the backlit keyboard feature no longer was compatible with the windows operating system. It’ll occasionally light up for 2 seconds after a new upgrade then out again. Geek squad could not fix it. Damn glitchy foreign shit! Now my BP is up. Ok...sorry...if you can find a curve that’s not a samsung, go for it if it’s not a terribly expensive upgrade from flat.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

WWD you've just had bad luck. Samsung is all I'll own. I've got one going on 11ish years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    WWD you've just had bad luck. Samsung is all I'll own. I've got one going on 11ish years now.
    May be. Aside from the glitchiness, I have loved the pictures. This computer thing is just pissing me off to no end though. How the &^*% do I have a &^%&*&^ computer that has a light under the *&^%^&* keys and no-one can figure out how to turn them on?!?!? Seriously, that would be like me upgrading my trucks navigation/on-board computer system and having my headlights stop working...AND the dealership telling me "oh well, the upgrade isn't compatible so there's nothing that can be done...get a Q-beam." Shit, BP up again!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I have only Samsung TVs and it's all I ever buy. I have one going on seven years and also have a curved one. It is a bit of a gimmick but it does seem to stop some glare from the side but beyond that, I can't tell a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I have a samsung curved that we bought in 2014. I like the curve aspect..really great picture. I’ll never buy anything from Samsung again though. I’ve owned four Samsung TVs, and their smart tv apps are limited. About 3 years in, every Samsung TV I’ve had starts acting weird and f’n up. It’ll be intermittent at first and the problems will increase in frequency just enough to piss you off but not enough to go and buy a new TV. Bought a samsung laptop 2 years ago. Great reviews. I need a backlit keyboard in a big way and it was my first requirement when I went shopping. One update in and the backlit keyboard feature no longer was compatible with the windows operating system. It’ll occasionally light up for 2 seconds after a new upgrade then out again. Geek squad could not fix it. Damn glitchy foreign shit! Now my BP is up. Ok...sorry...if you can find a curve that’s not a samsung, go for it if it’s not a terribly expensive upgrade from flat.
    Good luck with the American laptop.

Skip curved and go oled

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    Skip curved and go oled
    Beat me to it.

Also, make sure you go with OLED versus QLED.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-ql...mpare-in-2020/

Vizio. Samsung is for wusses

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Also, make sure you go with OLED versus QLED.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-ql...mpare-in-2020/
    Yeah, I ain’t payin $1800 for a tv. I’m not a gamer or thrill movie junkie. Just a decent tv to watch sports and The Curse of Oak Island on. $700 tops.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Yeah, I ain’t payin $1800 for a tv. I’m not a gamer or thrill movie junkie. Just a decent tv to watch sports and The Curse of Oak Island on. $700 tops.
    No joke. My FIL bought one of the curved screens and it seems more like a pain in the ass. I look at TVs that were available 20 years ago and compare them to what I can get now for $300 and am more than happy.

Juice ain't worth the squeeze. Samsung seems to be closing out all their curves and moving away from it. Don't think it took like they had hoped. When we were looking to upgrade from our 7+ year Samsung 55" to a 70" or so. Found some deals on the curved ones and said no thanks...

Ended up with standard, flat Samsung 70" for ~$700 I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Samsung’s seem to be great TVs. Although they don’t response well to an arrow being shot into the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Juice ain't worth the squeeze. Samsung seems to be closing out all their curves and moving away from it. Don't think it took like they had hoped. When we were looking to upgrade from our 7+ year Samsung 55" to a 70" or so. Found some deals on the curved ones and said no thanks...

Ended up with standard, flat Samsung 70" for ~$700 I think.
    This is my situation. Found what seems to be a good deal, just don’t see any new curved ones being put out. Got my eye on a 70” Vizio but I’m a Samsung guy in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Samsung’s seem to be great TVs. Although they don’t response well to an arrow being shot into the screen.
    They must be if the hunting shows are that realistic.

I have a samsung curve. It’s great if you have sitting positions that are located at an angle to the tv. The curve is worth it for my room but if most of your seating positions are straight in front of tv I don’t see a reason for owning a curve.

As stated above OLED and QLED TVs are better.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 03-13-2020 at 09:47 AM.