Thread: Home Security Camera Recommendations

Default Home Security Camera Recommendations

I’m looking for an outdoor security camera for a weekend house. They’ll be on the porch (front and back) so outside but protected from weather. The house has WiFi but no cell service. Must be wireless, have two way audio, decent night resolution and video storage. Anyone have anything they’d recommend or stay away from?

Havent pulled the trigger on them but Sounds like the newest Arlo cams may be what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few Blink cameras that I've been happy with. Amazon will put them on sale once every month or so for about 33% off.

Nest cam IQ

I have Blink and they’ve been great. Wireless, no monthly fee, easy to use with the app and battery life is pretty good. Comes with a ton of storage and videos can be easily deleted to free up more storage. $300 and 30 minutes to set up a 3 camera system.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Blink here......and would buy them again.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I ended up going with the Blink. Had them up almost a year and they finally paid off today. Only complaint is you can’t use audio while taking a video, saved this dude a good scolding.

19BD843E-8071-4F56-BE3A-13704C8DAD2C.jpgD96B221D-89EF-4037-83E2-9746B86ED4E4.jpg

The look in his eyes says he's lost, the mask and Camo says he's been hunting. He dindonuffin!
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    The look in his eyes says he's lost, the mask and Camo says he's been hunting. He dindonuffin!
    All his eyes tell me is he has a serious meth habit and has run out of resources to support it..
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.