Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 and newer GM trans issues

So I’m tracking, the temp gauge in the display would be reading higher than 180 if the thermostat was stuck closed? I happen to be one that does scroll through the information.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Thermostat is designed to starve trans of fluid (trans cooler fluid) until 180 degrees (I believe). This cause engine to meet emissions quicker. Kind of like having 4 oxygen sensors, 2 before cats, 2 after. Thermostat then opens and allows trans fluid from cooler to flow through trans like normal operation

A good rule of thumb is 100 degrees above ambient temperature is normal. Again rule of thumb.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Good to know! Thank you.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    And the auto-stop is a PIA ! When you can do DOD delete, bypass the AS, and bypass the transmission thermostat I’ll be making an appointment.
    How long will it take to do all 3 and price? I come to Columbia every Tuesday for work but I don’t have a lot of extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitman52 View Post
    How long will it take to do all 3 and price? I come to Columbia every Tuesday for work but I don’t have a lot of extra time.
    3 hours
    More fuel = more boost!!

Kevin truck starting jerking a little Monday while driving like a skip changed plugs and nothing changed. Cranked up this morning noticed a whining and moved from my front yard to back and now when put in gear it won’t do anything. Will whine when u first put in gear and nothing won’t move at all.

2014 with 167k on it. He did get more miles than most.

The “skip” everyone feels that’s not actually a misfire is the torque converter. We call it torque converter shudder. That’s usually the first sign. Too late at this point. You’re riding on borrowed time.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Have you had issues out of 18 Allison 6 speed
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    Have you had issues out of 18 Allison 6 speed
    In the 7 years I’ve been in business and as many of diesels that have come through my shop, I’ve only had 2 Allison trans issues. Both 5 speeds, both deleted, and both heavily “turned” up.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    In the 7 years I’ve been in business and as many of diesels that have come through my shop, I’ve only had 2 Allison trans issues. Both 5 speeds, both deleted, and both heavily “turned” up.
    That is good to know
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

KRT, I need you to practice up pulling the “new” 10 speed in the 1500’s.

Apparently at 150k the transmission has to be moved to service the oil pump belt on the 3.0 duramax. Someone at GM was smoking some good shit when they dreamed this one up. “They” act like it’s not a big deal.....
    Last edited by wdhigh; 04-18-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    KRT, I need you to practice up pulling the “new” 10 speed in the 1500’s.

Apparently at 150k the transmission has to be moved to service the oil pump belt on the 3.0 duramax. Someone at GM was smoking some good shit when they dreamed this one up. “They” act like it’s not a big deal.....
    The beat way to handle that is to trade it before then

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    The beat way to handle that is to trade it before then
    That’s how I normally handle maintenance items. I’m trying to change my ways.

Kirk, and Steelin’ it was good to see you. I bet you already see a difference in shift patterns since the trans fluid travels thru cooler immediately?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Kirk, and Steelin’ it was good to see you. I bet you already see a difference in shift patterns since the trans fluid travels thru cooler immediately?
    I actually haven’t driven it yet, and my wife wouldn’t notice. I will test drive this weekend. Sorry I couldn’t make it out there myself, but I appreciate the quick service on that one and the work on the Dodge. Make sure you name the next wing of your shop after me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I actually haven’t driven it yet, and my wife wouldn’t notice. I will test drive this weekend. Sorry I couldn’t make it out there myself, but I appreciate the quick service on that one and the work on the Dodge. Make sure you name the next wing of your shop after me!
    You should at least get a visor or a hat.
    More fuel = more boost!!

O7-18 is tough years. Between AFM and transmissions.
    ‘20 apparently ain’t too good either.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Is the bypass a custom part or an after market that one could replace at home?

Bump.

We are chugging along and can’t keep up. But this will help answer about 6 of my PM’s. I could have answered one and copy and pasted.

But why not bring this back up? Piss poor design, coupled with AFM is a disaster waiting to happen. We got another AFM truck in skipping. It’s a 2018 I believe. I’ll keep everyone posted soon as we get to it.
    More fuel = more boost!!