Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best $100-200 Bottle?

If I might humbly suggest. Try getting him the Rabbit Hole offering. It is three bottles. It fits the price range. They look good. It gives him 3 bottles to open.

I've got those also.. they're not too hard to find.

Ain't going to lie, I don't do it much, but I feel like I'm being judged when I walk in a liquor store.

By God...?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    By God...?
    The other Baptist in the store...

By God...?
    No, that's the least of his worries with me. I mean it's like you being on here worrying about whether or not you have the right camo pattern.

I thought this was gonna be a thread on 1 gallon Purrell!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Did a little more "tasting" than usual last night, my heads a little heavy this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peerless

Did the bourbon trail 2 weeks ago , Peerless was by far the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    Did the bourbon trail 2 weeks ago , Peerless was by far the best!!
    Peerless Bourbon is outstanding, don’t love the rye!! I got extremely lucky and scored 2 of the Peerless Single Barrel picks from the NC Bourbon Society.

Biggest problem with Blantons at this point is that nobody is drinking the stuff. It goes on the shelf and people scoop it all up in a matter of minutes, then put it in a closet like they’re going to send their kids to college on it. Bourbon is turning into the grown man’s equivalent to Beanie Babies

Thanks for the feedback, fellas.

Socks, do you have any SPECIFIC recommendations? AND, do/would you ship to Charlotte? I'd prefer to give you my money, if that's an option. Holla back.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Biggest problem with Blantons at this point is that nobody is drinking the stuff. It goes on the shelf and people scoop it all up in a matter of minutes, then put it in a closet like they’re going to send their kids to college on it. Bourbon is turning into the grown man’s equivalent to Beanie Babies
    That ain’t no part of a lie. I bought into this bourbon hoarding crap a while back when stuff started getting hard to find. Took inventory not long ago and and realized I was hoarding bottles instead drinking them. Hell with that. I’m gonna enjoy em. I’m not gonna let these hipster faggots that are buying it all up dictate what I drink......

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    That ain’t no part of a lie. I bought into this bourbon hoarding crap a while back when stuff started getting hard to find. Took inventory not long ago and and realized I was hoarding bottles instead drinking them. Hell with that. I’m gonna enjoy em. I’m not gonna let these hipster faggots that are buying it all up dictate what I drink......

I got just a little left in the bottle from some that Ralph gave me as a gift. It’s not any fun looking at them.......I guess people buy them to show off to their friends and measure their peckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    No, that's the least of his worries with me. I mean it's like you being on here worrying about whether or not you have the right camo pattern.
    So if I’m understanding you correctly, you don’t want someone to see you buying Jim Beam (Advantage Timber) because you think they’ll look down on you from their top-shelf pedestals (Bottomland [new and old], Sitka patterns, Drake Old School, etc.)? I solved that problem by rarely wearing camo anymore when I hunt. However, my buddies made fun of me for it, at first, so I guess I was getting judged no matter what I wore. I guess the equivalent of not wearing camo would be staying out of the liquor store, but you’ll get judged for that too. So my worthless advice is to hold your head high when going to the counter with those bottles of Heaven Hill, Evan, and flavored Bird Dog. Screw the hipsters.
    Last edited by wskinner; 03-08-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post

Before we go any further down this road, this is mandatory viewing:

Dum Spiro Spero

Blantons really isnt that hard to get.. and I understand stores marking it up higher.. over a hundred is ridiculous, but people will pay it. I'd feel guilty selling it over the 60 range.

The problem with it is that there's so many that want it.. that people are relentless. Some know it's rare, others are told by friends to find it, others really don't know how it all works. I don't really blame the latter... I'm sorry, yall hipster bourbon drinkers made it this way.

So if I’m understanding you correctly, you don’t want someone to see you buying Jim Beam (Advantage Timber) because you think they’ll look down on you from their top-shelf pedestals (Bottomland [new and old], Sitka patterns, Drake Old School, etc.)? I solved that problem by rarely wearing camo anymore when I hunt. However, my buddies made fun of me for it, at first, so I guess I was getting judged no matter what I wore. I guess the equivalent of not wearing camo would be staying out of the liquor store, but you’ll get judged for that too. So my worthless advice is to hold your head high when going to the counter with those bottles of Heaven Hill, Evan, and flavored Bird Dog. Screw the hipsters.
    I won't speak for Kioti, but I'm fairly confident he was being facetious.

99% of the time Bulleit is just fine for me or maybe some Woodford.