Thread: Powell Sport Wagon

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Powell Sport Wagon

I like this one. Only 1200 were made, 150 of those were station wagons. Some of them have the slide out rod holders and a slide out tool/tackle box. They were made by a California company made "scooters" and decided to make a some trucks. From what I read there are only about 20 still around, some are in museums.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Sweet!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Found this 1956 model with extra parts and a P-81 Powell "Scooter" (393cc single cylinder 4 stroke engine) that was for sale in 2017 for $16,000. If you had this you'd likely be the only one in your town with one. This one is in Cleveland, Georgia.

Two Birds: 1956 Powell Sport Wagon and Powell Scooter

Last edited by Mergie Master; 03-06-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Sweet!!
    Lab I reckon we are just old school. But I like that spartan look to the interior. Form and function over splash and dash plastic crap. I also like that straight 6, no computer crap, easy to get to and anyone who can pull a wrench can work on it. Reminds me of my '55 Chevy pickup with the wrap around windshield, 7' oak board bed, egg crate grill and that straight 6 I could almost get in and stand beside while working on it.