Thread: Bassmaster.classic

Default Bassmaster.classic

Starts today and can be live streamed starting at 830 am.

Go Brandon Cobb

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Hell yeah- Catch em up Brandon

Really bad day guys, only managed one fish. In 49th, hopefully he can recover tomorrow. Hank Cherry smoked them today with 29+ and is leading. Probably to deep of a hole for Brandon to come out of and make the cut for Sunday, but he always gives it his best so we’ll see. But I told him he’s in the Classic enjoy it. Not many people make it there.

Man that wind was pumping out there today what little I got to watch. I don't know Brandon Cobb but he seems to be a pretty good guy.

I lived in the Knoxville area for 10 years so I got to know a couple of the guys fishing Bass. The company my wife and I owned did a sponsorship deal with Brandon Card and I got to know him pretty well. Been fishing with him several times and he bought my son's lifetime sportsman license when he was born. His brother Jordan is a pretty good stick as well. I went to Church with Ott DeFoe and his family. Prior to that his mom Fred (How she got the name Fred is beyond me) was our realtor when we were looking to buy before we built a house. His dad Bud went to our old Church and I saw and talked to him a lot along with his brother Sunny. They ran a lot of weigh-ins for tourneys in our area. David Walker lived across the river from me and I use to see him a good bit on the river or Douglas Lake. Skylar Hamilton lived right down the road from me but I avoided him when possible. He rubbed me the wrong way. David Mullins spent a lot of time on Cherokee and Douglas so I saw him a lot too.

I tried to get a sponsorship deal going for Kyle Welcher in Bass this year but it never worked out. He seems to be a good guy the couple of times I've talked to him. He's a hammer on the lake for sure.

I only know Mike, Bill, Kevin, ohh Davey too.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Man that wind was pumping out there today what little I got to watch. I don't know Brandon Cobb but he seems to be a pretty good guy.

I lived in the Knoxville area for 10 years so I got to know a couple of the guys fishing Bass. The company my wife and I owned did a sponsorship deal with Brandon Card and I got to know him pretty well. Been fishing with him several times and he bought my son's lifetime sportsman license when he was born. His brother Jordan is a pretty good stick as well. I went to Church with Ott DeFoe and his family. Prior to that his mom Fred (How she got the name Fred is beyond me) was our realtor when we were looking to buy before we built a house. His dad Bud went to our old Church and I saw and talked to him a lot along with his brother Sunny. They ran a lot of weigh-ins for tourneys in our area. David Walker lived across the river from me and I use to see him a good bit on the river or Douglas Lake. Skylar Hamilton lived right down the road from me but I avoided him when possible. He rubbed me the wrong way. David Mullins spent a lot of time on Cherokee and Douglas so I saw him a lot too.

I tried to get a sponsorship deal going for Kyle Welcher in Bass this year but it never worked out. He seems to be a good guy the couple of times I've talked to him. He's a hammer on the lake for sure.
    Do you know Rick? I bet y’all know each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Y’all some name dropping dudes. I know cattdaddy
    Last edited by jwilliams; 03-07-2020 at 02:22 PM.

I don't know Rick Clunn or Morris if that's who you're talking about. I've seen and spoke to a lot of the other guys just in passing or at Bucky's store but never anything where I would say I know them.

Just got in from Birmingham. Brandon wound up 50th out of 53, one of his worst events in a long time. He told me this morning at breakfast that he completely changed up yesterday and still struggled to catch the two he did. Just never figured anything out. I told him again, that’s fishing just be proud you made it to the 50th Bassmasters Classic a lot of people try to get there. Congrats to Hank Cherry , he lead from start to finish! They are off to Lake Chickamauga next week, hopefully he can do well there.

My buddy Hank Cherry won. Hank and I grew up together fishing and hunting. Dude is a fishing machine and always has been. Always told me he was going to be a pro fisherman.

Pretty good deer hunter too.

I tried to watch the final weigh in but they drag it out so much that I couldn't. Congrats to your buddy Hank.