Thread: Homemade euro buck boiler

Default Homemade euro buck boiler

Saw this on other forums last fall so decided to make myself one. Turned out to work pretty darn well. 1500W 120v water heater element, bucket and cord. Others used a myers hub to mount the element. I just used lock rings along with o-ring that came with element and gorilla glued. Less than $15 in this but I already had the cord and plug. No thermostat and I usually run it about an hour with a soak. Not something I'd leave unattended. Comes to a rolling boil from cold tap water in about 10 minutes.
    IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

My Maceration set up is close to that, except it holds 90 degrees until clean.

Cool, til the water leaks out and gets on the terminals. Be careful.

I think I would have used a metal bucket. If you forget to turn that off, it will melt down, catch fire and burn down your house. If you forget on a metal one, it will just sit there and burn so much electricity, you'll intentionally set your house on fire to collect the insurance money to pay off the electric bill.

It wouldn't be hard to add a water heater thermostat to that rig.

Heat shrink and tape on the connections but that could probably be improved. I also sit it out on the concrete in a larger bucket from longer drop cord. Normally I am doing more than one so it's a rotation of sorts. Have previously used a propane cooker. This is a bit easier, more consistent and no aggravation of constantly having to adjust burn. I was concerned on the bucket too at first but she's holding up just fine.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Connect your ground wire around the threads of the element (where it would screw into the tank) and change the male plug to a GFCI plug on that cord. If something does get wet it'll trip the GFCI on the plug.

Good idea.

Wouldn't be hard to add a water heater thermostat too.

Now you've gone and overcomplicated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Said the propane cooker. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Said the propane cooker. Lol.

I'd have put a smiley with that comment but it was too complicated.