Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck Hunters Poll

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I'm kinda partial to the grey ducks myself. They ain't the prettiest bird out there and they don't dance on the wind like a teal will do. But they are pretty good tablefare and they decoy good. Lots of them do seem to have 'rice breast' though.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Just for you Mergie!

You've got one life. Blaze on!

Squatty you got a good lookin bird.
    Alot of the Gadwall I kill in SC have less than par rust patches on the wings.
    The grey ducks in the Miss flyway seem to have better color.....and they grunt with an accent
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

That's a good looking mount Squat!

It always looked to me like the greys were related to sprigs because of those long pointed scapula feathers.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

You may be onto something there Merg. Throw in the Wigeon too. The three of them have some VERY similar characteristics.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Merg - I seized up on the the gun/shells question too. When I'm climbing in the car and wondering whether I've forgotten anything, I usually just shrug and think "what the hell, I got my gun and my shells. other than that I can hunt naked if I have to."

The question was more of a branding question. As in are the shells you shoot more or less important than the type of gun/boat/etc...

For me the answer was call. Without a decent duck call the rest is just skybusting.

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

Believe it or not I have called in ducks with my mouth and killed them. i practice regularly with my mouth because it is softer and i can control the volume when the get in close.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

My thought was to have the gun, I aint to scared to ask for some shells. A duck call is important but with out the gun and the loaner shells you might as well stay home.

Cans are king of the duck world. Ask the old market hunters.

Spongebob is funny and Flyway Highway is a couple of fag yankee dorks.

Back in the day I would fire it up then find the bottle to wash away the cotton mouth from the purple haze funk.

After I go to North Dakota this year my next hunt destination is California.

No bait, no possession limit and yes I'd bust a stinkin' water buzzard in a heart beat.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

I smoke, I drink...I drink and I smoke

The most important thing to a duck hunter is his mud engine

the king of ducks is BLACK

Fug sponge bob and flyway highway, never heard a flyway highway but it's got ta be better than sponge bob
    Them ducks aint that high

I dunno about the black duck being the king. They always seem to come right too the call and squat on you. Pintails seem a lot harder to get in range.

I still say there is nothing cooler than 15-20 widgeon coming head on where you can see the white arm bands while the whistle get's louder.
    Kill them all...

Originally posted by DUCK MASTER:
    i practice regularly with my mouth because it is softer
    A gay joke didn't even come to my mind when I read this...
    Kill them all...

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

skineej - only a faggot thinks like a faggot [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img]
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

Originally posted by SkinneeJ:
    I dunno about the black duck being the king. They always seem to come right too the call and squat on you.
    We're talking about the American Black Duck Anas rubripes here....not the American Coot Fulica americana! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Most of the black ducks I've encountered like to circle the spread about 20 times then pitch in 70 or 80 yds out and sit and watch my dekes bounce on the waves.

Originally posted by Mergie Master:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SkinneeJ:
    I dunno about the black duck being the king. They always seem to come right too the call and squat on you.
    We're talking about the American Black Duck Anas rubripes here....not the American Coot Fulica americana! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Most of the black ducks I've encountered like to circle the spread about 20 times then pitch in 70 or 80 yds out and sit and watch my dekes bounce on the waves.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Say, "Anas rubripes" out loud 3 times really fast... What does it sound like? Ewwwww...

Anyway, you need to tune up that flute of yours. Just kidding. I've never noticed that about Black Ducks, but it seems like most of the pintails that I have seen like to come in very high in large groups and circle right over head for ages and then flutter off.

It could be different from region to region, but it seems that the black ducks that I have seen are always looking for company.

Take that for what it's worth though. I don't hunt nearly as much as most of you guys (only 2-3 times a year) but usually somewhere where they have a shit ton of birds.
    Kill them all...