Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suppressed 300 BO??

Default Suppressed 300 BO??

I sold a 10" 300 bo about 8 years ago b/c I never really shot it. Well the bug bit me again and I decided to build another one. The first one was STUPID quiet with subs and suppressor...like nail gun quiet. All you heard was bcg movement and bullet slap its target. Wellllll....not so much for this one. Its built from PSA parts (mostly) and with the same suppressor but its not quiet at all. Sounds like a 2x12x12 falling from 10'. I have shot 220gr Remington and 190gr Hornady (subs) out of it and its about the same. I have a new 4.7oz silent capture spring on the way b/c I'm out of ideas with this thing. Below are the specs.

10.5" barrel
    PSA - upper, lower, bcg, adjustable gas block

Also, the noise isn't the bullet breaking the sound barrier. They are going subsonic.

What is so different between the first one and this one?
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Interesting, if you were closer I would let you put your silencer on mine and see how it sounds. Its all PSA with 10.5" barrel also. Still waiting on my gov approval to get my suppressor out of jail . . .

what can are you using?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Do you have the gas block choked down as much as possible? If not, the bolt might be opening earlier than your other gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    what can are you using?
    Innovative Arms Deception w/ exoskeleton Same as last 300bo

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Do you have the gas block choked down as much as possible? If not, the bolt might be opening earlier than your other gun.
    First time out, it wasn't getting enough gas. I was having bolt over issues, so I opened it up some. It sounded the same both time.

I will say that my first 300bo didn't have an adjustable gas block.
    Last edited by sftull; 02-26-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

Sportin' Woodies

Which buffer was in each gun?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Which buffer was in each gun?
    Not sure with the last one. This one has just a standard 556 buffer/spring. New 4.7oz silent capture on order.

Sportin' Woodies

How loud is it if you crank the gas block shut so that it doesn't even cycle? If that's not quiet, a heavier buffer isn't going to help.

I'll be interested in your results. Please post. Mine isn't Hollywood quiet but ear safe.

How loud is it if you crank the gas block shut so that it doesn't even cycle? If that's not quiet, a heavier buffer isn't going to help.

I'll be interested in your results. Please post. Mine isn't Hollywood quiet but ear safe.
    I will test and report back. The silent capture is more b/c I hate hearing the spring noise. If the heavier weight helps, then good but if not, it will still be quieter.

Sportin' Woodies

I use non adjustable gas blocks and run the heaviest buffer
    I can get away with, that will cycle sub and super on my goto gun. I have a gun set up just for supper and one just for subs. That seems to make a difference, hence why I asked. You may have had a heavier buffer last time.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Mine has the captured spring and is piston driven. Think it is an 8 1/2" barrel. It is pretty dern quiet. It sounds like someone racking the action. If you want quieter than that, get a bolt gun. I shot mine in the truck. Leaning on the driver side b pillar, shooting out of the passenger window. Pretty sure the dudes standing in front of the truck did not hear the shot untill the bullet his something
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Sftull, I assume the gas tube is the same length on both guns, i.e. both carbine length and not pistol length?

In the meantime post pics of said gun.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Sftull, I assume the gas tube is the same length on both guns, i.e. both carbine length and not pistol length?
    Both guns were/are 10" guns with pistol length gas tubes.

Sportin' Woodies

Hmm, mine's a 10.5" with carbine tube,

Are you borderline being super?

This barrel may be faster than the last one.

Hmm, mine's a 10.5" with carbine tube,
    Correction. I looked up my old orders and mine is also pistol length tube.

New 4.7oz silent capture came in and there isn't any noticeable difference. Actually, it rang my ears, so if anything it was louder today. Next, I closed the gas block all the way and tried it again. I was quieter but still loud. It also opened the bolt about 1/3 of the way. I'm really at a loss with this thing. If I can't get it any better than this, then I'm going to make a tomato stake out of it.

Sportin' Woodies

about 50% of the remington 220's go super in my 10.5". 100% in my 16". the 190 hornady is about as quiet as I've found. Ar's are loud. the action is noisy as hell. just lock the bolt back and close the action with your cheek on the stock. It's friggin loud. heavier billet guns are definitely quieter, but not by a lot. bolt action or single shot 300 is where its at imo.

dont make it a tomato stake just send it to me so i can discard it for you.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?