Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sumter OIS

Default Sumter OIS

“Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

officer was fatally wounded as well as the suspect
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Why can’t some of these sorry MF’ers just put the barrel under their chin and pull the trigger before they hurt or kill others???? Damn, this guy had an 11 year old son that will have to live without his Dad because some worthless POS killed him.

Terrible event.

Damn these lawless bastards.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

A since deleted comment from a FB post about this incident. The world is changing guys...
    9F95F4DD-FC96-498E-9C7F-4436092265E7.jpg
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

I don't know much about the situation but what I thought about when I heard this is, wasn't the shot to the chest? If so, wouldn't they typically be wearing a vest?

Regardless, I'll be praying for this family and the local LEO community while they mourn one of their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I don't know much about the situation but what I thought about when I heard this is, wasn't the shot to the chest? If so, wouldn't they typically be wearing a vest?

Regardless, I'll be praying for this family and the local LEO community while they mourn one of their own.

Rifle perhaps?

He was wearing a vest according to WIS. God Bless him and his family.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Wow, didn't see that part. Not much else he coulda done, then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Bullet missed vest. Said his arm was up and he was turned sideways
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    A since deleted comment from a FB post about this incident. The world is changing guys...
    9F95F4DD-FC96-498E-9C7F-4436092265E7.jpg
    He has to be trolling, right? Regardless, it's vile behavior from an evil, sub-human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    He has to be trolling, right? Regardless, it's vile behavior from an evil, sub-human being.
    You'll see statements like this on every single situation like this. You'll see statements like this defending the biggest POS criminals arrested and making excuses for them.

Yeah there was a lot more comments mirroring that one from multiple individuals. It’s truly, truly sad and I can’t wrap my mind around that type of behavior.

Gangsta wannabes

#thuglife
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    You'll see statements like this on every single situation like this. You'll see statements like this defending the biggest POS criminals arrested and making excuses for them.
    Agreed, there have always been those that defend evil but seems much more common in the past 5 years or so. Additionally it seems to be a more widely accepted disposition and without condemnation from community leaders, politicians and the public. Understanding anyone may have any view they wish about any given topic, to flaunt such disposition so publicly gives you a lot of feel for how things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    how things have changed.
    Not sure things have changed. People have always had views like this. Now they just have a public forum to express those thoughts.

So you’re saying the police were hated by just as many people in years past as in recent history and that the forum used to express those views just makes it more “known” now?? I disagree. I believe police as a whole have been vilified by the media and others with power to influence, using social media as the primary medium to perpetuate these narratives, many of which are false. Many politicians have also jumped on the bandwagon to patronize those that hate law enforcement in interest of furthering their own agendas and at the expense of public safety and truth. If you can’t see this and recognize what’s going on you’re likely living a very naive life.

Times, they are a'changin....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The fact that news sites allow comments shows how credible the media has become.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm