Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Doin' What?

Ran a 100k relay a few weeks back. Running a half this weekend. Might run the Asheville Spartan in July. I would like to do some trail races this year but not sure I can fit them in. Kids activities are killing me.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Spring training started for me and the rest of my old fart baseball buddies. First game of the year is March 29th. Just hoping the good lord sees fit to let me stay healthy for another year of reliving my glory days with good friends.

they let you play quarterback?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Recouping from surgery still. Not much I can do. Been a boring past couple weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Did the Run Free Trail Run on Hunting Island State Park. 5k, 5 miles, and 10 miles. Ended up being 18.3 total miles. Farthest I've run since my Marine Corps days. Felt good.

I hit some golf balls yesterday on a monitor. my sole cardio training besides walking once a week or so on the course, is playing Gonna Fly Now either on the speakers or on video and air punching.

I went bowling last night

I jog/walked .47 miles yesterday. The first time I've been able to jog since rupturing my achilles back in December. Physical therapist gave me the green light yesterday morning to ease into it, I walked straight out the door and headed to the park to give it a go.

Gonna be hard to find the line between too much and just right. I am anxious to get going again.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

No tennis but make take up swimming if this rain don't get outa here.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Work re-located us from Pawleys to East TN back in November and I started getting back into shape after deer hunting these public mountains a handful of times in December. Swimming 7 miles a week, Mountain Biking 30+ miles a week, 10 mile run every three weeks (my knees can't handle any more than that) and doing a 5+mile hike every weekend in the Cherokee NF or GSMNP with my 1.5 year old daughter on my back in our backpack carrier. I've dropped from 200 lbs. to 175 lbs. since the move and have put on a lot of muscle...feels damn good to be healthy again and it will certainly make saddle hunting the mountains a little easier this Fall.

I've got lots of respect for you fellas that run these ultras, it seems that the 3 years I spent in the Rocky's after college skiing 100+ days a year took a toll on my knees!
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    No tennis but make take up swimming if this rain don't get outa here.
    Saw this on the way to work this morning

IMG_8222.jpg

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    Work re-located us from Pawleys to East TN back in November and I started getting back into shape after deer hunting these public mountains a handful of times in December. Swimming 7 miles a week, Mountain Biking 30+ miles a week, 10 mile run every three weeks (my knees can't handle any more than that) and doing a 5+mile hike every weekend in the Cherokee NF or GSMNP with my 1.5 year old daughter on my back in our backpack carrier. I've dropped from 200 lbs. to 175 lbs. since the move and have put on a lot of muscle...feels damn good to be healthy again and it will certainly make saddle hunting the mountains a little easier this Fall.

I've got lots of respect for you fellas that run these ultras, it seems that the 3 years I spent in the Rocky's after college skiing 100+ days a year took a toll on my knees!
    Great work. Getting that weight off has to feel good. Get hooked up with the Tn chapter of BHA. Good folks there.

Dam to dam relay - feb
    Couple 5ks with kids - March
    P200 relay-March
    Ran 20 Sunday morning

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Great work. Getting that weight off has to feel good. Get hooked up with the Tn chapter of BHA. Good folks there.
    Got involved with them right when I made the move. A fine group of folks getting a lot done around here.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    Probably. Unfortunately.
    On saddles-I got the Phantom last week and would recommend. I liked the Mantis fine but it had some short comings the Phantom took care of.

On topic-I keep my exercise random and uneventful.
    Last edited by Ghetto; 03-05-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I hit some golf balls yesterday on a monitor. my sole cardio training besides walking once a week or so on the course, is playing Gonna Fly Now either on the speakers or on video and air punching.
    Hey Highstrung. Is this the most miserable January-February ever, or what?

Today was hard. I hit an emotional wall.

I did one on Saturday. AMRAP of 10 squats, run 400, 20 squats, run 400, 30 squats, run 400, etc for 25 minutes. I got thru the 50 squat round and stopped with about 5:30 still on the clock. My legs are destroyed right now. This is the first work out since December 10th.

Did this one this morning....it sucked.... 32:18. Think I'll do Fish's tomorrow.

For Time
    800 meter Run
    Then, 19 Rounds of:
    5 Burpees
    11 Air Squats
    13 Lunges
    800 meter Run
    Last edited by bnicknad; 03-23-2020 at 11:27 AM.