Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Doin' What?

Default Who's Doin' What?

Tis the season.

Whatcha got? What are you doing?

Started the year off in NC a Tsali with the Frosty Foot 50K. The weather was 35 and raining. It sucked. But I like it that way. Rolled my ankle bad on that one. Finished the run sub 8 hours but paid a price. Next was supposed to be the Millstone 50k in Rock Hill. That one got washed out and postponed till 7 March. I'll run it in 2 weeks. Ran the Prisoner of War 50k at Croft weekend before last. Ankle and knee still weren't 100% but ground it out with Stripa. The weather was perfect for that one and we had a great time. After the Millstone on the 7th we head to Kentucky to Run the LBL 50 miler. It's a great course and a the race director puts on an incredible event. We camp and stay an extra day to relax and do some scouting while we're there. Lots of other runs through spring and summer along with the usual lifting 5 days a week.

So let's hear it? How's it going?

I put Stomp Tha Yard on repeat and follow every scene. I coke up during the credits.

Imma go take a nap.

I think you accidentally posted this in the wrong forum.

I got out of breath walking up Glenn’s driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    There's a reason for that driveway, for you to drive on.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    There's a reason for that driveway, for you to drive on.
    He made me walk down it to look at some tree saddle mess. The walk back up killed me. Couldn’t let him see me weak though.

So you going to get a saddle huh
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 02-24-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Do you going to get a saddle huh
    Probably. Unfortunately.

Drinking beer and eating bread. Feeling pretty dumpy though.

Tennis 3 sets Saturday. Get some
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Tis the season.

Whatcha got? What are you doing?

Started the year off in NC a Tsali with the Frosty Foot 50K. The weather was 35 and raining. It sucked. But I like it that way. Rolled my ankle bad on that one. Finished the run sub 8 hours but paid a price. Next was supposed to be the Millstone 50k in Rock Hill. That one got washed out and postponed till 7 March. I'll run it in 2 weeks. Ran the Prisoner of War 50k at Croft weekend before last. Ankle and knee still weren't 100% but ground it out with Stripa. The weather was perfect for that one and we had a great time. After the Millstone on the 7th we head to Kentucky to Run the LBL 50 miler. It's a great course and a the race director puts on an incredible event. We camp and stay an extra day to relax and do some scouting while we're there. Lots of other runs through spring and summer along with the usual lifting 5 days a week.

So let's hear it? How's it going?
    I got a 5k for you if you are up for it, an elevation change of only 300 feet. I'll even cover your registration fee.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 02-25-2020 at 11:29 AM.

I go to the crawldad run every year. I don’t run or walk I actually just drive up as close as I can to the food, eat till I am full and drive home.

Ran my first ultra event last weekend in GA. Farmdaze 6,12, 24 hour on a 2.1 mile loop around fields and short trail. I only did the 6 hour. Been coming back from shin splints/stress reaction or fracture since August. Had a few solid long runs going into event but really started to struggle after 24 miles. Think my avg pace up to that point was low-mid 8's. At mile 27 I stopped at my camper to grab some more water and found my son in a foul mood. Decided to walk a lap with him and refueled some myself at the aid station. That lap took almost an hour. After we got back to the camper I decided to run one more lap to get to 50k. Finished strong after the break with last lap in low 8's. Felt like I could have done another lap or 2 but family comes first. Total moving time 5:26 for 31.9 miles. That walking sure hurt my average pace...

Tis the season indeed.

I got out of bed for the first time Wednesday....Since Sunday. Havent had on pants since Saturday night. Tested positive for Flu A on Monday and skipped Monday and Tuesday in the bed. Sweating, freezing, coughing, shivering, and every hair on my body hurt.....top of my head on bottom of my feet were fine. Every muscle in my body ached like I just finished a spirited edition of "Fran."

Got out of bed Wednesday and finally ate something. Called work and said my fever broke and would be in the next day. Was told NOPE. dont come back til Monday...do not even attempt it. So I went back to bed.

Since then I have found they were right; just walking down the hall is exhausting. Today was first day I actually felt like doing any work. Spent part of day on phone coughing at coworkers and listening on mute to conference calls.

Tomorrow i hope I have the energy to sanitize the whole house, if not I might just burn it to the ground and start fresh.

In the spirit of the thread......Lost 11 lbs since last Friday, so I got that going for me.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Tis the season indeed.

I got out of bed for the first time Wednesday....Since Sunday. Havent had on pants since Saturday night. Tested positive for Flu A on Monday and skipped Monday and Tuesday in the bed. Sweating, freezing, coughing, shivering, and every hair on my body hurt.....top of my head on bottom of my feet were fine. Every muscle in my body ached like I just finished a spirited edition of "Fran.".
    Did you get a flu vaccine this year?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-27-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Did you get a flu vaccine this year?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    yep.

Son had Flu B earlier in January and I took care of him without incident. He had the rash, which was apparently the tell tale sign of Flu B this year.

Dr. asked if took vaccine and then said I should be glad, that symptoms would be worse and last longer if I hadn't.

Uh huh.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Play Tennis. In the cold we played this morning and in the morning. Get Some
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"