Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High School bass fishing team missing on Pickwick Lake in Alabama.

When I was a young man, we fished the Chattahoochee river below Lake Lanier ( a premier Trout river). Beautiful place to fish. Primo .. In the summer time when the Corps opened up the floodgates, the alarm would sound. If you didn't get out of the water, you stood little chance. A 4 foot wall of water coming at you will turn you into Mark Spitz with a quickness.

I did several recoveries as a Fire/ Rescue Swiftwater team member. It's an ugly business.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Awful!
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I grew up 10 mins from that lake and have been in that spot many of time. The water is deep there and w/o a lot of rode you can't anchor very well....if they even had an anchor onboard at all. If you get pulled through that gate, there are a lot of rocks waiting for you on the other side. It always scares the crap out of me to get near that damn b/c I have seen the power it has when the gates are open. Prayers for the family!!
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    When I was a young man, we fished the Chattahoochee river below Lake Lanier ( a premier Trout river). Beautiful place to fish. Primo .. In the summer time when the Corps opened up the floodgates, the alarm would sound. If you didn't get out of the water, you stood little chance. A 4 foot wall of water coming at you will turn you into Mark Spitz with a quickness.

I did several recoveries as a Fire/ Rescue Swiftwater team member. It's an ugly business.
    I grew up near there. The current in roswell would wash you away, and thats 20 or so miles downstream.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm