Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What we are up against (Sick Anti’s)

An analogy would be the LGBTLMNOP movement and their tactics. I'm not anti-gay...until you try to force me into taking a position. Let me ignore the whole issue and I'll be happy to coexist. If you try to make me show my approval, I will become the resistance instead.

Non-hunters are similar. Don't put pictures in their face and they will ignore our sport. Show them the brutal truth and they will likely join the other side. Emotions are hard to overcome with intellectual arguments. Most of us have an innate sense of empathy and compassion for animals. We hunters and killers have been slowly taught to suppress it when necessary. Non-hunters don't have a stake in the game and are more likely to go with their emotions and side with the poor animals. Why make enemies if we can just be ignored?
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 02-24-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    Maybe because Ricky isn't ashamed of his roots and realizes he lives in the free world? Also, I haven't seen yet where he has said hatred plays a role in his trapping nor have I seen him post pictures of the animals dead. I would tend to agree with you slightly if he posted pics of the coyote with his eyes bulging out and his brains blown out. If you keep catering to that crowd they will be the victor in the end.
    Freedom requires we be able to deal with our choice to express that freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    What possible good does it do to post a picture of a trapped coyote on social media? I've killed my share of coyotes for all the reason we understand it to be useful but even I don't like to see pictures of them suffering. I eat my share of beef but don't particularly like to look at slaughterhouse videos of cows getting killed. You may have learned to ignore your empathy instinct but not everyone else has.

I'll do my part to lower the coyote population but not because I'm mad at them or hate them. It'd piss me off if one ate my dog or cat but I wouldn't blame it on a coyote for doing what it naturally does. I might go on jihad against them but not out of anger. Hate plays no part in my pest control.

Trapping is brutal stuff. Hunting and fishing are also but most folks get acclimated to it by slow exposure from childhood. Trapping is something most folks don't have to see face to face. Why on earth would you think it's a good idea to make those pictures available to people that will use them against your "sport"?
    "Because it's His social media account and he wants to". No one has to look at it that doesn't want to. Because this is still the United States of America. Whether you or I or these batshit crazy weirdos agree or not shouldn't matter. Scroll on by or in their case don't go Looking for something you don't want to see.
    Should I quit posting pics of Fish, Deer, Turkeys?...Everything? Because it gives them ammo?! Screw them.
    I get your point and can appreciate someone's difference of opinion, but these folks are deranged to say what they are saying. I also think if we don't stand up for the sports we love, more and more anti-hunting,trapping,gun,fishing will continue to be pushed on our society.

What possible good does it do to post a picture of a trapped coyote on social media? I've killed my share of coyotes for all the reason we understand it to be useful but even I don't like to see pictures of them suffering. I eat my share of beef but don't particularly like to look at slaughterhouse videos of cows getting killed. You may have learned to ignore your empathy instinct but not everyone else has.

I'll do my part to lower the coyote population but not because I'm mad at them or hate them. It'd piss me off if one ate my dog or cat but I wouldn't blame it on a coyote for doing what it naturally does. I might go on jihad against them but not out of anger. Hate plays no part in my pest control.

Trapping is brutal stuff. Hunting and fishing are also but most folks get acclimated to it by slow exposure from childhood. Trapping is something most folks don't have to see face to face. Why on earth would you think it's a good idea to make those pictures available to people that will use them against your "sport"?
    Because it’s his social media. That’s what social media is for those that choose to use it. A place for friends or likeminded people to share their experiences or expertise to discuss. If someone who gets offended by things of that nature then it’s pretty simple, don’t follow them or look at it. It’s not like he’s driving down main street publicly boasting about it. The issue is that these people follow others just to troll them on their own social media. I think it’s crazy to worry about what others think about the simple that I choose to put up on MY social media. I don’t agree with the many things that some others do or the way that they live their lives, but I choose not to troll them or look at their personal things.

An analogy would be the LGBTLMNOP movement and their tactics. I'm not anti-gay...until you try to force me into taking a position. Let me ignore the whole issue and I'll be happy to coexist. If you try to make me show my approval, I will become the resistance instead.

Non-hunters are similar. Don't put pictures in their face and they will ignore our sport. Show them the brutal truth and they will likely join the other side. Emotions are hard to overcome with intellectual arguments. Most of us have an innate sense of empathy and compassion for animals. We hunters and killers have been slowly taught to suppress it when necessary. Non-hunters don't have a stake in the game and are more likely to go with their emotions and side with the poor animals. Why make enemies if we can just be ignored?
    Start resisting then, it’s being pushed on every front. The Church,social media,sitcoms,movies,commercials and school. If you think being quite and pretending this isn’t an issue well I don’t know what to tell you. I agree with you that if I didn’t post these pictures most likely there would be no issue, but do you really think that all there is to their agenda? Do you think they’d leave sprortsmen alone if they didn’t just see reality? This isn’t about trapping as much as it is about the attacks on every front.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

post stuff on the internet and you should expect it to be criticized by some, its the nature of the beast. Alot of the people that stay on the net have nothing else to do but criticize people for what they do, whatever it is. These people are just like that and live to post something on the net, it makes them feel important that they told someone what they think. Theres a new generation of internet trolls that think everything they have a feeling about is important and thier opinion is right should matter to everyone. post it on the net and expect what you get, good and bad

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    I would tend to agree with you slightly if he posted pics of the coyote with his eyes bulging out and his brains blown out.
    Why do you draw the line there?

Post if you want. Don't post if you want. Either way don't let pussies and fags make your decision for you.

How would you explain to your daughter that she shouldn't be ashamed of her body but she also shouldn't post pictures of it on the internet?

I readily admit I dont like looking at ccleroy's photos. What does that make me?
    and, I dont think I should comment bc I dont get off on it like most people these days.

Social media is the devil but are any of you surprised there are people out there that dont like to see live critters stuck in traps?

Who's the idiot here???
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Totally agree. If you don't mind the negative comments then so be it. I just think it does more harm than good and gives those idiot s fuel for the fire.

We do the same with coon traps and my daughter loves it!

I'm careful who I even send txt messages too due to this non sense.

Congrats on the trapping you have it down pat, and good for your wife and you for getting your son involved! We need more trappers out there!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

It is all fun and games until those unhinged idiots dox you and light your house on fire at 3am...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I readily admit I dont like looking at ccleroy's photos. What does that make me?
    and, I dont think I should comment bc I dont get off on it like most people these days.

Social media is the devil but are any of you surprised there are people out there that dont like to see live critters stuck in traps?

Who's the idiot here???
    I don't think Ricky was the least bit surprised by it, nor do I imagine he cares. I believe he was just sharing here, on this outdoors forum, the lunacy of these folks.

I like the pictures. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It is all fun and games until those unhinged idiots dox you and light your house on fire at 3am...
    I would wager that Rico is well prepared to repel invaders.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I don't think Ricky was the least bit surprised by it, nor do I imagine he cares. I believe he was just sharing here, on this outdoors forum, the lunacy of these folks.
    i know ricky knows....its the rest of the peanut gallery that seems so surprised.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Ill expand on my thoughts just a bit. I think we owe it to the animal, if we are going to kill it, to put it out of its misery as quickly as possible. It has been trapped for who knows how many hours. Shoot it and then take a picture. Posing with the live animal seems distasteful. Call me a pussy if you want. Just my thoughts on it. I just get really turned off by all the hunting social media posts these days. It feels like the majority of the people just do it for the gram/facebook etc.. and don't really give a shit otherwise. I am not accusing Ricky of that because he seems to be one of the good ones but I'm sure you all have seen what I am referencing. Like it or not, we are ambassadors and should care how we represent this sport. Just saying "fuck bo, post what you want" is short sighted and really doesn't help anything IMO.

Default What we are up against (Sick Anti’s)

The older I get the more I realize the more I tend to my own and stick to myself the less confrontation I have to deal with, and I understand most people’s stance with the criticism here I’ve garnered and respect it as I never came here looking for compassion. I also see the point of keeping everything to yourself and the pot doesn’t get stirred. My only concern is the cost that comes from being silent in regards to all we do, because it doesn’t stop with this.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 02-24-2020 at 12:07 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    The older I get the more I realize the more I tend my own and stick to myself the less confrontation I have to deal with, and I understand most people’s stance with the criticism here I’ve garnered and respect it as I never came here looking for compassion. I also see the point of keeping everything to yourself and the pot doesn’t get stirred. My only concern is the cost that comes from being silent in regards to all we do because it doesn’t stop with this.
    About three weeks ago, I started coaching my son's U4 soccer team. I introduced myself and told the parents right then and there that I value privacy and respect privacy. I will not send group texts or group emails, I don't have social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or any other platform.) By the looks, they gave me you would've thought I had 4 heads when I made that comment, and if they needed to contact me to call, email or text me and I'll get with them asap.

As far as Ricky posting his catches on social media, I'm proud of him for the catches and the dent he is putting in the coyote population, I hate he's catching hell from the anti's but that is the world we live in now.

Social media is a Narcissists's amusement park.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?