Thread: 1st try at smoked meatloaf

Default 1st try at smoked meatloaf

Working from home this afternoon and thought I would try this one

Have seen this several places but never tried it. This one is made with a little Jim Beam in the mix and sauce as well. Pepper Jack cheese in the middle

Just put in on the smoker at 225 for 4 hours.

EB6BAF8F-ADBF-4B8B-B742-07C8CD7776DD.jpg
    Last edited by tprice; 02-23-2020 at 02:35 PM.

I make it all the time with venison and it's delicious!! Throw in an aluminum pan full of mac and cheese for the last hour and you have one heck of a meal! I've got a killer recipe for the mac and cheese if you need it. It's full of gouda and mild cheddar cheese with Italian bread crumbs on top.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Ring.... hit me with the Mac recipe Pls

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I make it all the time with venison and it's delicious!! Throw in an aluminum pan full of mac and cheese for the last hour and you have one heck of a meal! I've got a killer recipe for the mac and cheese if you need it. It's full of gouda and mild cheddar cheese with Italian bread crumbs on top.
    Mind shooting that to me via PM as well?

Wrap that meatloaf in bacon next time, you’ll never cook another one without wrapping it again

Quote Originally Posted by Jtemp71 View Post
    Wrap that meatloaf in bacon next time, you’ll never cook another one without wrapping it again

Started to do that , this one is ground chuck. Next time will use venison and it will use bacon for sure

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Pipe, bong or papers?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

1 pound elbow noodles
    1/2 cup butter
    4 tablespoons flour
    1 tablespoon mustard powder
    2 cups half and half
    4oz cream cheese
    3 cups cheddar
    1.5 cups gouda

1 cup Italian bread crumbs
    1/4 cup butter

1. Cook noodles until al dente. You don't want to cook until done or they'll be soggy by the time they are done in the smoker
    2. Preheat smoker to 225 degrees using a mild wood like apple, cherry, etc.
    3. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a large skillet and whisk in flour until a smooth thin paste forms. Then mix in mustard powder.
    4. Pour in the half and half and bring up to a boil while whisking. Reduce heat and whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
    5. Whisk in cheddar cheese and gouda cheese and stir until melted. Turn off the heat and pour in the cooked macaroni noodles. Stir until the noodles are coated by the cheese sauce.
    6. Transfer it to an aluminum baking pan that will fit in your smoker.
    7. Combine 1/4 cup of melted butter and Italian bread crumbs in bowl and mix until the bread crumbs are coated. Then sprinkle over the top of the mac and cheese.
    8. Place pan in smoker for 1 hour. You can smoke for longer if you want a stronger smoke flavor but the noodles and cheese take on the smoke flavor pretty quickly.
    9. Serve while it's still warm and the cheese is good and melty.

I'll also copy and paste this with a pic in the forum as a separate thread and add a pic of mine. It's my families favorite now and works well especially if you're smoking something that needs to rest. I usually do this when smoking a pork butt since I rest mine for an hour after it comes out of the smoker anyway. Hope y'all enjoy it as much as we do!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I’ve got a tasty deer loaf recipe as well. One of my wife’s favorite meals. 06D26544-6645-415E-88CD-4CC81F92D8EB.jpg3CD20560-6F77-4C8D-BC0D-B49C6F8540CE.jpg

Fine lookin meat loaf.

Goooooood night intha morning. What you ladies gonna cook if the power goes out?

Genny kicks in and I just keep on keeping on.

Haha @ Charlie
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-23-2020 at 08:09 PM.