Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tags DNR Gone Nuts

That means less trappers, less people providing habitat, less people carrying about a resource..

That aint good spanky..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    I agree it's tall but less hunters is only going to help the bird. Either way it's not going to happen and only wishful thinking. What they put on the books this time will be what we have for a good while moving forward from what I was told.
    If we used that mentality for all game animals, we would have duck tags at $100 a piece as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I think you doing more thinking and less typing would help out this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

PJ you gotta stop day drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

he names turkeys after his favorite toys...
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 02-24-2020 at 01:14 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Default Tags DNR Gone Nuts

Ducktape and company needs to listen to one of the favorite low country biologist Dave.

https://www.thestate.com/opinion/op-...231692223.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 02-24-2020 at 01:22 PM.

I wanted them to charge $100 a tag for residents and $300 for non and limit the non to 1 bird. If you aren't willing to pay $300 as a resident to hunt turkeys then don't hunt
    WTF?
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I think you doing more thinking and less typing would help out this forum.
    What is even scarier is that he posts the same and similarly moronic things on the SC Deer and Turkey Hunting Facebook pages, and people agree with him.

I wanted them to charge $100 a tag for residents and $300 for non and limit the non to 1 bird. If you aren't willing to pay $300 as a resident to hunt turkeys then don't hunt
    You sure are one tall glass of water aren't you?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Ducktape and company needs to listen to one of the favorite low country biologist Dave.

https://www.thestate.com/opinion/op-...231692223.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The tom in the picture in that article is more domesticated than I am, not wild. I hate seeing photos and captions like that, undermines the credibility of the piece for me when I see it.

As far as the reg/limit changes, an April season reinstated in the upstate is going back in the right direction. Everything else was also added to delay harvest a little to allow breeding, 1 in 10 first days, 1 per day etc. and that is another step in the right direction IMHO. I shot 5 a year for 20 years hunting April in the upstate. Some were tough years and some were bumper crop years and it seemed cyclic from my viewpoint. Never doubted breeding was taking place regularly though. With the March season it seemed there was a decline overall, again, from my viewpoint.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Hahaha gone for 6 months and come back and blow up the gobblers roost in one post

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Just make the whole state, including WMAs, start April 1, end May 1.. 3 tags with an available $100 tag for a 4th...
    That hat would be the easiest. Bump the price on NR tags.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    It was a flier shot bo.
    I really did have that happen to me or he died of a heart attack which I don't believe because he was trying to drag off. Shot a bird at about fifteen yards with the other gobbler standing well out of the path of my shot but he went to flopping too. Only thing I could figure is a stray pellet when in his brain.

Pj been drinking his motor oil and onion juice recipe...
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

See what Relentulous posted. If enough lead is flung there will be collateral damage. It is a fact. Now with the current regulations I doubt anyone will ever hear of this happening again. These regulations have great intentions but in reality it is yet another case of unintended consequences. Deer, turkeys, what's next. Great intentions, massive lack of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by youngun15 View Post
    Pj been drinking his motor oil and onion juice recipe...
    Makes cents.

Just make the whole state, including WMAs, start April 1, end May 1.. 3 tags with an available $100 tag for a 4th...
    That sounds really good

I wouldn’t be against April 5th-May 5th either. 3 birds, only one a day

$100 a bird is too tall..

$300 is way too tall for a non resident and a single bird..
    You can kill more than one but you may wanna check what our neighbor GA is charging. 100 hunting lic and 225 big game permit. I’m all for charging the out of staters. If it dissuades GA guys from coming up and hunting our public land and like in years past being able to kill 5 a year, then mission accomplished if species preservation/restoration is the end goal. They’re not cutting us any breaks. IF I thought all the money would go back to the turkey resource or other natural resources I’d say charge residents 100 for turkey tags. I also like that Ga has an apparent Land access permit I presume non hunters have to pay to use public lands. Maybe spread he cost out across others than just hunters and the state may be surprised how much more money there is. Hell Oconee County is charging 5/day to put in at ramps on Lake Hartwell in Oconee Co where there used to be an Army Corp collection box at those same ramps. Everyone is getting in on charging the hunters and fisherman for the resource, even local gov on Corp owned lakes? Let some non res pay a little more.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I really did have that happen to me or he died of a heart attack which I don't believe because he was trying to drag off. Shot a bird at about fifteen yards with the other gobbler standing well out of the path of my shot but he went to flopping too. Only thing I could figure is a stray pellet when in his brain.
    Not doubting you. Have seen it happen on a couple of occasions while hunting with others. Have done same myself on ducks, quail and doves. Hope it doesn't happen with turkeys now though!
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles