Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best guitar player of all time

Jimmy Page, Hendrix, Fruscinte, Jerry Garcia, Slash, Kirk Hammett

Nobody's going to mention Bonamassa in this deal?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Roger McGuinn had a 12 string guitar
    It was like nothing I’d ever heard.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Some of y’all will probably laugh, but in Nashville circles Glenn Campbell is considered at or near the top of the list. Haggard and a few more of the big time old timers are on record as saying he was the most talented musician that ever came through there.

Anyone that laughs at that is a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    Not my kind of music, but Tommy Emmanuel is generally considered the best there is......
    I’ve seen Tommy twice at the Charleston City Music Hall. Agree his music is not my favorite, but he is one seriously talented dude. Ran into him at the CHS airport one morning. We talked for 20 or so minutes. One of the most humble and modest people I’ve ever had the pleasure to be around. His Beatles medley rendition is entertaining for sure. Almost no singing. He just plays. Any man that can make one instrument sound like a full band gets my vote for best guitar player.

~LB

Jerry Garcia; Prince
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I've owned a guitar since I was twelve, I turned sixty in January. One of the things that I have learned in the past forty eight years is that there is no "best", it's all subjective. I really like to quote Jimmy Vaughn at times like this, "....hey man, I'm like everybody else, if I like it it's great, if I don't, it's shit.". I've been fortunate to have seen some very talented people over the years, Chet Atkins, Segovia, Herb Ellis, Clapton, Jeff Beck, Eric Johnson, B.B., Johnny Winter, Stevie and a slew of cats who are "unknowns".
    I drove to Myrtle Beach in '99 to see the incomparable Jeff Beck, there's a reason that the Brits refer to him as "The Guv". It's one thing to listen to recordings, it's another to watch someone with so complete a command of their instrument in person. He played this that night, I had no idea that he had covered it, I was floored.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Going out on a limb, but this dude has talent.

GettyImages-72291000.jpg

Brian Patrick Carroll*(born May 13, 1969), known professionally as*Buckethead, is an American multi-instrumental*musicianwho has received critical acclaim for his innovative*electric guitar*playing.[2]*His music spans many genres, including*progressive metal,*funk,*blues,*bluegrass,*ambient, and*avant-garde music. He performs primarily as a solo artist, though he has collaborated extensively with a wide variety of high-profile artists such as*Bill Laswell,*Bootsy Collins,*Bernie Worrell,*Iggy Pop,*Les Claypool,*Serj Tankian,*Bill Moseley,*Mike Patton,*Viggo Mortensen,*That 1 Guy,*Bassnectar, and was a member of*Guns N' Roses*from 2000 to 2004. He has released 306 studio albums, four special releases, and one EP. He has also performed on more than 50 other albums by other artists.

I'd also put Tom Morello on the list.
    Last edited by wob; 03-06-2020 at 05:16 AM.

Phil keagy should be mentioned too

Tom Morello is incredible if he'd just leave his Communist ideology in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Going out on a limb, but this dude has talent.

GettyImages-72291000.jpg

Brian Patrick Carroll*(born May 13, 1969), known professionally as*Buckethead, is an American multi-instrumental*musicianwho has received critical acclaim for his innovative*electric guitar*playing.[2]*His music spans many genres, including*progressive metal,*funk,*blues,*bluegrass,*ambient, and*avant-garde music. He performs primarily as a solo artist, though he has collaborated extensively with a wide variety of high-profile artists such as*Bill Laswell,*Bootsy Collins,*Bernie Worrell,*Iggy Pop,*Les Claypool,*Serj Tankian,*Bill Moseley,*Mike Patton,*Viggo Mortensen,*That 1 Guy,*Bassnectar, and was a member of*Guns N' Roses*from 2000 to 2004. He has released 306 studio albums, four special releases, and one EP. He has also performed on more than 50 other albums by other artists.
    Yes he does. Like Chet used to say, "No flies on his stuff.".
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Some guy in a shit band that no one has ever heard of, that knocked up his gf. He plays at a local bar.

Bucket Head Rocks!

Brian Carroll. He had some awesome teachers mind you! I don't recall seeing one of the main ones on this list.

Dudes fingers are so long he can play on the 5th & 12th frets at the same time.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Did anyone mention Phil X?

Dude is a phenomenal!

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Shotunderit View Post
    Yes he does. Like Chet used to say, "No flies on his stuff.".
    I glanced through the image and thought it was Wes Borland for a sec....

there were about to be more people that were going to be dead to me

Richie Sambora aint got noting on Phil X! Hell, Orianthi has got him beat!

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Add the late Steve Marriott of Humble Pie and Small Faces , Peter Frampton, Ronnie Montrose and Brian May of Queen to the list...
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 03-06-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.