Thread: Duck Flight Video

Default Duck Flight Video

Pretty cool.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nothing else on this earth will ever fire me up more than that moment I click the safety off on a group of puddle ducks. Nothing!
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Nothing else on this earth will ever fire me up more than that moment I click the safety off on a group of puddle ducks. Nothing!
    I don't know about that....I'd say a gobbler screaming at about 20 yards is the most exciting thing a hunter in the south can experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I don't know about that....I'd say a gobbler screaming at about 20 yards is the most exciting thing a hunter in the south can experience.
    I might have to take that back. It's hard to beat a good duck shoot around mattamuskeet on a cold rainy windy day. Non-stop shooting until all limits are reached. Bought all species represented in the group bag with the bulk being wigeon. That is hard to beat.

Gobblers are cool, but ducks are king. Anyone can kill a turkey.
    867-5309

^^^^this

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I beg to differ. Anyone can kill a duck, it's all about location, location, location. People hunting corn ponds need only a dip net held up above the blind to get a limit of ducks.

I can watch ducks all day. I can watch turkeys about about as long as it takes me to pass the field they are in.

Dang it that's beautiful footage!!!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I’ve tried to really get into turkey hunting but sights like those in the above video are what keep me getting out of bed everyday. Turkeys aren’t even close to that.
    For the ducks

I've outsmarted a lot of ducks. But I have yet to outsmart a gobbler.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You must wiggle too much. Happy feet have saved a ton of gobblers lives.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Turkeys at 20 yards do it for me but a close second would be a pack of dogs boiling thru a low country cutover right on a deer's ass. Ducks with their wings cupped making that last turn are pretty special too. Good thing is I don't have to pick just one and get to enjoy all of them.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Turkeys have to be the hardest for me...those jokers are hard to kill if you don't stay near a good piece of land.For ducks,all you need is a mud puddle,5 gallon bucket full of corn,and a good pair of running shoes.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 02-22-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    You must wiggle too much. Happy feet have saved a ton of gobblers lives.
    Meh, I was so nervous I missed the first one that came in. Now granted, like an idiot I didn't make sure I had a full choke in the gun when I grabbed it, I just went... he came in, I squeezed the trigger, bird ran away. Still not sure how that even happened, and I beat myself up about it to this day.

Another time I was on a youth hunt at Bonneau Ferry and my 9yo nephew was with me. He's 20 now. That was the day I learned the phrase "when they gobble however far away you think they are, cut that in half". When he hammered off, we moved to allow him a better shooting line I think he saw us. We never saw him.

So incredibly limited sample size.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft