Thread: Flyway Foundation SEWE

Default Flyway Foundation SEWE

Anyone remember what year we first went down there? Out booth was set up next to the Forestry Commission's booth and they gave me a bunch of cypress after the show. I stuck them in the ground above 3000' to see what they would do. The ones I planted on land are now about 8" circumference at the base and 10 feet tall. The ones I stuck in the water are less than 2" around and maybe 3.5' tall.

I have been cutting limbs and sticking them around for years and they take very well. I took a few limbs this morning for planting when this damned snow goes away. I would love to know the age of the first trees, but I can't remember what year it was...

Talk to me about cutting limbs and planting them.

I’d love to know exactly how you do it.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I cut them about an inch from the tree, then angle cut the base of the limb and stick in the ground. Works equally well in a sandy beach down there as it does in this rocky ground up here. Just do it while the trees are dormant, which means after duck season when it gets coldish...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Anyone remember what year we first went down there? Out booth was set up next to the Forestry Commission's booth and they gave me a bunch of cypress after the show. I stuck them in the ground above 3000' to see what they would do. The ones I planted on land are now about 8" circumference at the base and 10 feet tall. The ones I stuck in the water are less than 2" around and maybe 3.5' tall.

I have been cutting limbs and sticking them around for years and they take very well. I took a few limbs this morning for planting when this damned snow goes away. I would love to know the age of the first trees, but I can't remember what year it was...
    I did the first Band Recovery research in Feb 2006 for the FF. I would guess it was 2006 or 2007 for your trees.

We did the Classic in '06 but not SEWE I think. Probably 2007 then. Thanks...

i was thiniking either 07 or 08
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Talk to me about cutting limbs and planting them.

I’d love to know exactly how you do it.
    Theres a certain island at a certain lake with a straight row of cypress trees that started as a duck blind made out of limbs.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

When did that guy accost the police officer's horse? - It was that year.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

strangely enough, we were talking about this over the weekend....

I got cypress trees, bog. hit me up.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.