Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball

Default Baseball

Now the guy who came out with everything about the Astros "sign stealing" is being labeled as a snitch by former players.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have played team sports in the past. What is your take on this?

The MLB commissioner is a pansy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Until they put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame, baseball is dead to me.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Pete Rose should be in the HOF based upon playing accomplishments alone.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

In a recent interview, Hank Aaron said he thought Barry Bonds should be in the HOF and Pete Rose should not. Puzzling.

If another team can figure out your signals, then you need a better method of signal sending

You bet on the sport you play/coach, you deserve the chop and no HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    If another team can figure out your signals, then you need a better method of signal sending
    You have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Serious Clark???

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I agree with the lifetime ban, but his accomplishments on the field make him an obvious hall of famer.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I agree with the lifetime ban, but his accomplishments on the field make him an obvious hall of famer.
    Barry Bonds and Clemens were also HOF'ers before they decided to juice-up. And I don't disagree with you, just stating a fact.

BB HOF has kinda lost its luster. They put in a lot of good players now that in my mind aren’t hall worthy. Football HOF the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Barry Bonds and Clemens were also HOF'ers before they decided to juice-up. And I don't disagree with you, just stating a fact.
    Rose wasn’t accused of doing anything to alter his performance. His stats are legit. Theirs are not.

If Willie Mays would have taken the Bonds route he would have hit 1200 home runs.

That's fair.

Charlie Hustle should be in the HOF, but like baggy said the hof doesn’t carry the class that it used to.

As for the astros, I agree they cheated and should have to face some sort of discipline, but how should the players/team be penalized? Vacate the WS?

I agree that sign stealing is a part of the game and I don't even have a problem with the trashcan banging, but when you use methods that are only available to you (home field cameras), I have a problem with it. Pete Rose should be in the HOF as a PLAYER and I think the fact of knowing what pitch is coming is far more "cheating" than juicing up. The fact that the Astros can't say that they would have won the WS without cheating, IMO, means that it should be vacated.

Its just a piece of metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I am and was a huge Pete Rose fan and agree,
    There is no coming back from betting on the sport you were paid to coach at that level, while coaching and
    being in a position to influence. The epitome of corruption.