Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Serious Clark???
    The ostarine of signal stealing

Astros cheated. Leaker also shouldn’t get off the hook because he waited until after the winning to roll on his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Serious Clark???
    I didn't say I approved of it or agreed with it.
    meant, they need a better method of sending in signals.

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    No way to truly hide your signs if someone is using binoculars/video cameras and sending info electronically. I have no problem with runner on second base trying to steal signs and tip the pitches. He is part of the game and earned his way to second base. Astros went way beyond what is acceptable.
    This right here.

Gamecocks take game 2...rubber match tomorrow...

Pete Rose is an arrogant asshole who lied about the betting for years before admitting it. Had he admitted, he’d prob been banned for a 1-5 years and now be in the HOF. Bonds, McGuire, Alex just got caught. Steroids have been in MLB for years. Don’t vacate Astros’ title. That’s stupid. No post season for 2 years. The punishment has to be so strong people will definitely not even consider doing it again. They got fined 5M I think. Teams pay DH’s or pitchers with over 3.5 ERAs more than 5M a year. The fine is a joke. Take away the whole reason they’re playing, no postseason. The MLB commissioner is a complete fucking idiot.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Pete Rose is an arrogant asshole who lied about the betting for years before admitting it. Had he admitted, he’d prob been banned for a 1-5 years and now be in the HOF. Bonds, McGuire, Alex just got caught. Steroids have been in MLB for years. Don’t vacate Astros’ title. That’s stupid. No post season for 2 years. The punishment has to be so strong people will definitely not even consider doing it again. They got fined 5M I think. Teams pay DH’s or pitchers with over 3.5 ERAs more than 5M a year. The fine is a joke. Take away the whole reason they’re playing, no postseason. The MLB commissioner is a complete fucking idiot.
    Agreed.

If the commissioner had a set, he would:

Strip the Astros of the title.

Fine every player, coach, manager, employee any bonus that they received for post season play.

Ban every player, coach, manager, exec who was a member of the 2017 Astros for on year without pay. If you are on another team...too bad. They can fill your roster spot with minor leaguers.

The 2020 Astros can either field a team with what’s left, trade or sit it out. Don’t care.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Barry Bonds and Clemens were also HOF'ers before they decided to juice-up. And I don't disagree with you, just stating a fact.
    Agreed. Bonds was elite before his first juicing season (1999). And after juicing, he was other worldly. His OBP and intentional walk percentage in the post season has to be near the top.

catdaddy nailed it. Alex Cora's a douche.