Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iowa Looking To Add 1500 More NR Tags...

Default Iowa Looking To Add 1500 More NR Tags...

$644 to hunt a single deer, one, as a NR. Let that sink in. SC is a bargain.

Telecheck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

You know whassup

Chance to kill a 200” inch deer or a 90” 8 point. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Chance to kill a 200” inch deer or a 90” 8 point. Let that sink in.
    Horns shmorns.

I'm looking at volume of meat per dollar spent.

I'd go up there just to shoot those big ol fat does and be tickled.

272$ to hunt one turkey, during a one week period, in one particular zone, that you have to put in for a lottery drawing for a chance to get.........

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    272$ to hunt one turkey, during a one week period, in one particular zone, that you have to put in for a lottery drawing for a chance to get.........
    I read Footdown's Turkey Tag thread and it sounds like SC is nipping on Iowa's heels...…...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Horns shmorns.

I'm looking at volume of meat per dollar spent.

I'd go up there just to shoot those big ol fat does and be tickled.
    Haha I understand your point of view but I don’t drive 18 hours for meat. It’s a nice bonus but I have a good grocery store a mile up the road. However I do think Iowa deer taste better than these briar eating goats down here.

$644 to hunt a single deer, one, as a NR. Let that sink in. SC is a bargain.
    damn almost a million dollars for 1500 NR tags, that's just licensing fees alone.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Haha I understand your point of view but I don’t drive 18 hours for meat. It’s a nice bonus but I have a good grocery store a mile up the road. However I do think Iowa deer taste better than these briar eating goats down here.
    I know you know I'm not serious. I'd love to have a crack at 'em. I can fill my freezer here just fine.

Supposedly Iowa got hammered with EHD this past year. Can the population take 1500 more OOS hunters poking holes in their deer herd?

Yeah some friends of mine found a bunch of dead deer last year. A couple 170” deer and said the deer were almost nonexistent compared to years past.

Residents in Iowa are already bitching about the number of people running rampant on state land so this should go over well
    80-20 Genaration

They should increase the cost of tag and lower demand and still make more $$. Capitalism works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    They should increase the cost of tag and lower demand and still make more $$. Capitalism works.

That’s what’s happening in the elk states. Hasn’t affected application numbers.

“ if you have an amazing natural resource be sure to whore it out to its max dollar value”

- every state

If this decision is coming from the biologists working for Iowa DNR I’m for it.. If it’s coming from the suit & tie crowd wanting revenue it’s a turrable idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    “ if you have an amazing natural resource be sure to whore it out to its max dollar value”

- every state

If this decision is coming from the biologists working for Iowa DNR I’m for it.. If it’s coming from the suit & tie crowd wanting revenue it’s a turrable idea.
    Straight from the legislature.

Default Iowa Looking To Add 1500 More NR Tags...

I agree, I spent way less on my South Carolina licenses, even if I had to harvest 3 SC does to equal the meat I harvested in one Iowa afternoon. From an economic standpoint, I would advice all South Carolina hunters to save your money and invest in the Palmetto State. You can’’’’t eat antlers. Iowa for deer hunting is overrated much like Clemson is for football.

Last edited by HartClemson99; 02-23-2020 at 02:59 AM.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post

I agree, I spent way less on my South Carolina licenses, even if I had to harvest 3 SC does to equal the meat I harvested in one Iowa afternoon. From an economic standpoint, I would advice all South Carolina hunters to save your money and invest in the Palmetto State. You can’’’’t eat antlers. Iowa for deer hunting is overrated much like Clemson is for football.

The one time I let you hunt my pelzer tract.

The one time I let you hunt my pelzer tract.
    Patiently waiting to get on the waiting list
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 02-23-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?