Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iowa Looking To Add 1500 More NR Tags...

A non resident can’t draw ONE archery tag. You’re buying a doe tag whether you want it or not. You’re also only going to get one every 4 years. Every other if you want to gun hunt. Every year if you have friends and family you can “party “ hunt with.
    I pay less per acre in Iowa than SC.
    No corn.
    No dogs
    No heybos.
    Well defined rut getting to watch deer act like deer.
    = Money well spent.

EHD has hit some areas hard. Others not at all. Tags are by zone, so hopefully , the Iowa DNR, would take that into acct if the tags were increased.
    Last edited by FLS; 02-23-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post

I agree, I spent way less on my South Carolina licenses, even if I had to harvest 3 SC does to equal the meat I harvested in one Iowa afternoon. From an economic standpoint, I would advice all South Carolina hunters to save your money and invest in the Palmetto State. You can’’’’t eat antlers. Iowa for deer hunting is overrated much like Clemson is for football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am glad we can all agree Clemson football is over rated. Geaux Tigahs

It's all about what you're after. If you want in the B & C club, by all means, go to Iowa. They're always going to grow bigger antlers since their frames grow bigger to survive their stressful winters. You're increasing your odds of seeing/killing one.