Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Family Bote

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I mean...

What do YOU think is "worth it"? Are folks spending $60k on a 20 year old boat worse off than those spending $120K on a new one?

And who said anything about financing?
    Big money GRIP!

I mean...

What do YOU think is "worth it"? Are folks spending $60k on a 20 year old boat worse off than those spending $120K on a new one?

And who said anything about financing?
    I hear you big swinging dick. But most people are financing. You know that. Don’t even be that fucking stupid. I’d sure as hell rather spend 70-80 on a two year old 24-25 like SeaHunt or some such than 50 on a 20 year old boat with a newish engine.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    I hear you big swinging dick. But most people are financing. You know that. Don’t even be that fucking stupid. I’d sure as hell rather spend 70-80 on a two year old 24-25 like SeaHunt or some such than 50 on a 20 year old boat with a newish engine.
    Fish that Sea Hunt for 150-200 hrs a year for several years and get back to us. You'll have trouble getting less than half of your initial outlay if you're lucky. Not to mention the beating you save on your back...no price tag on that part of the equation.

I've had a fair amount of boats, have a house on a lake, and have spent a decent amount of time in salt water. My CC has been the best do it all boat for our family. I did start my kids out skiing behind my jonboat basically like I did because of maneuvering.. yall can keep carpet boats and pontoons

Are you mad at Mo?
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-23-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Or someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Are you mad at Mo?
    I'm just trying to figure out why I'm fucking stupid for not wanting to spend $80k for a boat because I won't be able to retire if I spend $60k and also I'm a dick if I don't finance it because low interest had turned people in to fools...
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I was just picking on the Bayliner post.

I was just picking on the Bayliner post.
    I know.

I saw a surprising amount of Bayliners when I lived in Alaska. They were the bigger 25' and up hardtops, and it seemed like they got fished hard. Still don't think I could do it, though.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I don't dive into money posts.. maybe a couple, but not really on purpose. I take money advice from like 3 people, basically for different views even though we're similar.. and they're not on here.

I used to see them around here on the lake growing up.. all nappy, but pretty carpet with Force engines.

I don't dive into money posts.. maybe a couple, but not really on purpose. I take money advice from like 3 people, basically for different views even though we're similar.. and they're not on here.
    I will give you one bit for free. Get outa debt and it don't take much to live. Not like I got to tell you but the younger group
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Have been thinking Sea Hunt Ultra would be a good family river cruising boat. Seats in the front, seats 3 wide on the transom.
    Why'd you have to put that on here?

Settled on a 2017 234 Ultra. It's not a 25', but it was in budget... So there's that.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I'm just trying to figure out why I'm fucking stupid for not wanting to spend $80k for a boat because I won't be able to retire if I spend $60k and also I'm a dick if I don't finance it because low interest had turned people in to fools...
    THT philosophy brought into SCDucks. Buy what you want, nothing guarantees you’re going to live to see tomorrow.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Settled on a 2017 234 Ultra. It's not a 25', but it was in budget... So there's that.
    I know where there is a 15 Whaler console and a 17 side console, both used very very little since Hugo.

I have a friend that offshore fishes one on nice days- they caught a 100 lb yellowfin last year off Charleston.