Thread: I wonder if it was us?

Default I wonder if it was us?

I was thinking about the corona virus outbreak and I had an epiphany. I wonder if WE released it? We stand to gain from it more than anyone else. It will crush the Chinese economy, to our advantage. It is likely running rampant in North Korea, although they officially report no infections so far (yeah right). It will devastate them and perhaps incite a regime overthrow, again to our advantage. Once the thought occurred to me, it seemed more and more plausible. We certainly have the ability to do such a thing and if we did, it would look just like this. If you had the ability to virtually annihilate two of the biggest adversaries of the USA (and the world), would you? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I was thinking about the corona virus outbreak and I had an epiphany. I wonder if WE released it? We stand to gain from it more than anyone else. It will crush the Chinese economy, to our advantage. It is likely running rampant in North Korea, although they officially report no infections so far (yeah right). It will devastate them and perhaps incite a regime overthrow, again to our advantage. Once the thought occurred to me, it seemed more and more plausible. We certainly have the ability to do such a thing and if we did, it would look just like this. If you had the ability to virtually annihilate two of the biggest adversaries of the USA (and the world), would you? Discuss.
    The thing with a viral contagion like this is, it is hard to contain. Don't get me wrong, I think they are doing a good job from what is being reported but is everything being reported, no. Takes one or two on a plane, cruise ship, subway, stadium, concert etc. and it breaks out. What if it mutates in one person like a flu, Ebola, Small Pox or any of the others? I don't believe the US had anything to do with it, I believe the Chinese let the genie out of the bottle unintentionally and it took off, now they're hell bent on trying to put it back in. You can bet if they're reporting whatever number, it's actually 10X worse over there.

It's crazy to think though, that some of these viruses that have been so deadly for so long are key components in the treatment of diseases. Cancers are one area where they are separating out certain parts of the virus and using them to attack and kill cancer cells in people. Duke is having a lot of success with using Polio, Tetanus/Diphtheria and a few others. Ebola is now being targeted for use in cancer fighting.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You been watching Condor?
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

I think we need to fight cancer with diet and cruise ships with submarines.

We’ve all been assuming, since it’s what we’re being told to believe, that this is really a Coronavirus. What if it’s not and it really is an ‘accidentally released’ biotoxin protype developed right there in the Wuhan Bio lab, as is claimed in that blog article you posted the link to last week, PB?

And either way, considering how much of our various critical supply chains are presently (and improperly, in my experienced opinion) are tied to China, the US has little to gain from propagating this calamity.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Our supply chain will heal naturally and perhaps for better long term. This thing is already showing us that we've been too complacent about letting our enemies control important resources and products like medicines and rare earth metals.

Some reports have claimed that Asian males seem to be more likely to be infected. Hmm. Ironic.

It also doesn't seem to be exceedingly deadly, around 2% death rate for those infected (assuming accurate infection rate reporting). Even so, it will cripple China's economy well after the pandemic is brought under control. There is no telling how this will smack North Korea. We may never know.

Facebook is getting in on the rage now

C20D5112-ABE0-41BC-9971-0EEBA408C607.jpg
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Our supply chain will heal naturally and perhaps for better long term. This thing is already showing us that we've been too complacent about letting our enemies control important resources and products like medicines and rare earth metals.

Some reports have claimed that Asian males seem to be more likely to be infected. Hmm. Ironic.

It also doesn't seem to be exceedingly deadly, around 2% death rate for those infected (assuming accurate infection rate reporting). Even so, it will cripple China's economy well after the pandemic is brought under control. There is no telling how this will smack North Korea. We may never know.
    IF it is true that it is only claiming Asian males, that would make me more suspicious that China was developing a toxin of some sort to combat the Hong Kong protesters, et al.

I watched an interesting video last night that explained the math being used, and he made a very good argument that this "2%" death rate is improperly calculated because they are using today's infection count vs today's death rate. In reality, today's death count should be divided by whatever the total infection count was back at the day when the symptoms began to manifest themselves and 'got counted. Thus, if the "14" or "24" day incubation period is correct (doesn't matter which one except that the higher number will greatly increase the actual death rate that much more), then you would use today's death count divided by the "infected count" from 14 or 24 days ago. You quickly see how the death rate can't be 2%, but easily 10x-30x higher, whatever the infection curve shows.

Feel free to show me with data where I'm mistaken.

As for our supply chain, yes, it would heal, and it would be for the better in the long run, albeit it would greatly slow our economy due to higher prices. However, an immediate case in point is that my pharmacist told me the other day that he's already seeing shortages on prescription meds. Keep in mind that upwards of 97% of the ingredients of our prescription meds are apparently sourced from China, and upwards of 80% of our OTC meds are also sourced from China. Shame on the government and the corporations for allowing that high a percentage of critical supply ingredients to be sourced from one source, much less an enemy, but it is what it is. There are certainly going to be some shortages, and potentially extreme shortages of meds until the pharma manufacturers can ramp up assistance from other countries or sources... assuming that China's % of the global market doesn't choke everyone, which is highly possible.

Any way you look at it, if this thing doesn't burn itself out while still in China, it will choke the global economy in short order. Let's just hope and pray that it really is a 'Coronavirus' that can eventually be controlled.

Here's that video. I had posted it in the other thread earlier. I'll be interested in reading thoughts and comments, assuming (big assumption here) that they'll be cogent and related to the discussion at hand.

Last edited by WoodieSC; 02-19-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    ~ George Washington

I’m just glad I spray foamed my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

And I shined up my tinfoil hat.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    And I shined up my tinfoil hat.
    I bought extra stock in ALCOA and a large bauxite mine. My portfolio is going nuts.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You guys are a riot...

Only tinfoil covered Stetsons work and I’ve got two styles so I’m good-to-go.
    ~ George Washington

For those of you with tinfoil beanies on...

~ George Washington