Thread: WaPo - Time To Give The Elites A Bigger Say In Choosing The President

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default WaPo - Time To Give The Elites A Bigger Say In Choosing The President

WaPo doesn't think "we the people" are smart enough to elect our own president. Tough shit!

It's time to give the elites a bigger say in choosing the president

If you don't want to pay for their shitty paywall I pulled the article up in Outline.com. You can read the article here
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Btw, they changed the title of the article from the original article to "To fix the primaries, let the elites decide". It means the same thing, it just doesn't sound as bad to the low information masses.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Appears they changed it again: "It’s time to switch to preference primaries"

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Appears they changed it again: "It’s time to switch to preference primaries"
    Sneaking bastages. Trying to make it sound better.

Just setting the stage to take the nomination from Bernie
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Just setting the stage to sell the nomination to Bloomberg.
    FIFY
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I figure this is straight from Bezos.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Same type of thing occurred after the McGovern disaster in 1972.

The party leaders/elite implemented super delegates to try and prevent the mere peons from exerting their majority and picking an obvious loser.

It is most unseemly when the underlings fail to observe the wisdom handed down from on high. Just ask Hillary how she felt about it.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.