Thread: Nassau Bahamas where to eat?

Default Nassau Bahamas where to eat?

Here for a couple days and would like to grab some decent food without the tourist trap atmosphere. Is there anywhere worth checking out?
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Anywhere but McDonalds.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Had a coworker work there for three years and he said they always just cooked at home very rarely did they go anywhere for food. His neighbor was OJ Simpson for awhile.

Not sure what on the island is going to be operational, from what we have been told they are still dealing with after-effects of the hurricane last year.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

The pepper pot is fantastic.

It's hustling and bustling from what I can see from the cruise ship pier. Tourists are piling into town off the Carnival ship that is moored up next to us. Looks like there's a Hooters here now that is new. Going to try and eat some local food for lunch and will probably end up at Hard Rock for dinner.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I'm not giving you shit RK, but who would go to the bahamas to eat a greasy cheeseburger from the Hard Rock Cafe? I bet it will be slam packed full of fat American tourists.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Senor Frogs...

We walked down to Junkaroo Beach and ate conch fritters and jerk chicken from the guys cooking by the bar. Pretty tasty.

When your “cruise” is on a Coast Guard cutter it makes anything taste better than galley food! Hell, just getting off the boat to walk around is worth the price of admission!!

Look for a little brightly colored shack with 2 large wimmen cooking and a pile of locals outside waiting to be served through the window. You will know that you are in the right place...

Hope the Kalik sign is lit..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Oh Yeah!!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I'ma need you to bring back a couple 5 cases of that....

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Look for a little brightly colored shack with 2 large wimmen cooking and a pile of locals outside waiting to be served through the window. You will know that you are in the right place...
    This is what I do anytime I visit somewhere new.

RK-
    I forgot you were in the CG. Thanks for your service and I hope you enjoy your time on dry land.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Thanks Birddawg! Just a quick stop here for some R&R. We’ve been gone a month and have two more to go before the ship returns home. Thankfully I’ll be getting off in another 30 days to head to Chief Petty Officer Academy. A few weeks on land back in Petaluma sounds a whole lot better than another 30 days bouncing around on an angry ocean. I’m just about done on this ship. I get to transfer somewhere else this summer and am expecting orders any day now to let me know where I’m headed this time.